Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Marge,
We were there 2 weeks ago & the beach was cordoned off & work was in progress every day. It didn't appear as if any access was available. They also seemed to working on the promenade & the bungalows overlooking the Beach appeared to be getting re-fit but you could still walk past.
With a bit of luck all will be completed for your trip!
Thanks for that. Fingers crossed it will be completed but I heard rumours that it would be finished in 6-12 months!! :cry
Hi Marge

I honestly don't think the beach will be completed by July. I was there 3 weeks ago and they are reconstructing one of the breakwaters at the moment. The beach is taped off and equipment on it. Part of it was accessible but not very conducive to a relaxing holiday atmosphere though. The part you could get to wasn't exactly in pristine condition either.
hi
does anyone know if the flamingo beach has reopened yet or is it still closed off for reconstruction?.if they are still working on the beach any idea how long these works are going on for.im hoping it will be reopened by the end of july.
It is still closed. A while ago one of the restaurant owners was told July for completion but he very much doubted that would happen. The one reason I love Spain so much - there are 90 seconds in a spanish minute. Things do not get rushed.
Jenny - where are you staying?
hi
we are staying at iberostar lanzarote park,i dont think they do a shuttle bus to the other beach.the main reason we choose it was because of the beach front location as the kids like playing on the beach and dont like sitting round the pool all day .fingers crossed it will be ready for the main season.we will have a good time anyway.dont know if i will be able to claim any money back if its not open as broadway travel havent mentioned anything to us about it.and i know it not the hotels fault.
Hi Jenny
It is the responsibility of the tour operator to let the travel agents know so they can let you know. I doubt if you would get any compensation for the lack of beach facilities unfortunately but you could try.
The other main beach, and IMO, the best beach is a fair walk but it has facilities when you get there. Sunbeds and parasols for hire, beach bars and some water sports. Plus there is the CC Papagayo across the promenade with bars, cafes and a supermarket. There is also Kikoland childrens play area at the Princesa Yaiza hotel which again is across from the beach.
http://www.princesayaiza.com/kikoland/default-it.html
I don't know how much it costs to use it though.
heard off another site that the completion dates for the beach works is 15th june,fingers crossed
I've read that too but he's posted back that after looking at recent pictures he thought there was more chance of winning tonights euro millions :D. Looking at what they were doing in March I would doubt it too unfortunately. I would like to be proved wrong though.
due to stay in private villas on playa flamingo in August so not going with tour operator. We are hiring a car to get from airport and for use in the week - do like to sit and chill with a glass of wine too - just how bad is the building work at the beach/? I believe our accommodation is nearest to the Iberostar side of complex - always enjoyed walk along sea front into playa blanca in th evening is this spoilt? just how much affect is this work having? I love the whole area not going on the actual beach will not be the end of the world but worried it may spoil things for me :(
Hi viv
I haven't been to Playa Blanca since March but as far as I could tell most of the work is being done on the breakwaters and I presume they will be working on the beach itself. I cannot speak for any noise involved. I think the private accommodation is as you say nearest the Iberostar end of the complex, so depending on where you are it might not disrupt you too much.
The seafront isn't affected by the work. You can still walk from the Lighthouse out to the Papagayo beaches. If you are going into PB from your accommodation you would be turning left onto the front and the beach is to the right.
Thanks for your reply - if work is out on breakwaters it shouldn' t be too much of a disruption providing timanfaya doesn't decide to erupt too ha ha . :rofl
Viv
viv12 wrote:
Thanks for your reply - if work is out on breakwaters it shouldn' t be too much of a disruption providing timanfaya doesn't decide to erupt too ha ha . :rofl

:rofl :rofl Don't tempt fate lol. As I said it was in March but I don't know what they are upto now.
Hi, first post so be gentle.

We've just returned from our first visit to lanzarote and stayed in a villa on the small Las Terracitas complex across the road from the Iberostar Hotel. The beach at Playa Flamingo is indeed closed and fenced off. No part of it is accessible and many of the little shops and restaurants along that part of the walkway are also closed making it eerily quiet round that way. The new parts they are building out into the sea are still just huge concrete blocks and it looks far from finished. I'd be very surprised if it was finished by the start of the summer season. we also had booked the villa direct so no-one was obliged to tell us, but as we did book it through a management agent I would have expected to have been told, given it is a good 20/25 minute walk to the beach at Playa Dorada. Not great with young children too big for pushchairs! Thankfully we had a car and it's only a 5 minute drive.
Any more news on Playa Flamingo beach? Is it open to the public and what state is it in? Coming to Playa Blanca next week and hoping beach is accessible and not looking like a building site.

Very worried about the weather over there at moment and during last few weeks. What is happening, usually so reliable this time of year? :wave
The beach isn't open yet from what I have been reading.
Sorry, but this post had to be edited as material from other websites or forums may not be reproduced for copyright reasons .
David HT Mod
i've had a reply back from one of the hotels saying they have been told part of the beach will be open in July
Just returned from Playa Blanca and Playa Flamingo beach still completely closed. They were piling lots of huge concrete blocks into the sea to make breakwaters. Really hope they can restore it well as it was such a lovely beach and great for small children. It is putting a strain on other two beaches in Playa Blanca especially at weekends.

Has anyone heard if there is a date that they are hoping to complete it by...or is that expecting too much as there seemed to be a lot more inactivity by workforce than activity! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.