Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Karen ... do you know any of these places - if so, which ones ?

Hotel Marina
Vistamar Apts
Hotel Rio Park
Hotel Flamingo Benidorm

Didn't you stay at Hotel Marina at one time, or am I confusing you with someone else ?

David :wave
Hi,

I know the Rio Park. What are the closest pubs, lol? Anywhere near the Ibrox Bar?

Karen
Hi Karen ... The Ibrox Bar and the Celtic Tavern are on Calle Ibiza. Hotel Rio Park sits directly behind the Celtic Tavern, on the lane which links Calle Jaen and Calle Kennedy. The Flamingo Playa sits directly behind Hotel Rio Park at the corner of Calle Esperanto and Calle Marbella, just opposite Hotel Flamingo Benidorm.

So if you were to walk downhill from Flamingo Playa via Calle Cuenca towards the Levante Beach, Calle Ibiza and the Ibrox Bar would be fourth street on your right.

If you have a look at grid reference 'K/L 9' of our Benidorm Levante map, it will give you a better idea of the streets in question.

Our reviews of the Flamingo Playa can be found on THIS page.

I've got a better idea of where we're goin now, thanx.

Karen
Hi Kazza, it' also very near the Titanic if you know where that is.

Sue :) :)
Hi Sue,

Thanks, but I can't think where that is at all. I'm really hopeless with directions even tho i've been there enough, lol

Karen
Karen ... I don't know if it's still there, but Flamingo Playa used to have a massive illuminated Thomson sign on its roof, which could be seen all over Benidorm.

thomson sign is now removed,this used to be the only way we could find our way home after a few too many :D
anybody know the phone number of the flamingo playa,thanks kev
Kev ... I have it listed as 00 34 96 586 5352

Sorry David, I just noticed that you asked me about the Marina. No, I haven't stayed there, lol. I've stayed at the Cristal Park, Levantelux apts, Hotel Nereo and The Rialto.

Karen
That's okay Karen, I was only going to give you directions from the Marina to the Flamingo Playa. But now you know where it is, all you have to do is look out for the building which no longer has a Thomson sign on its roof. It could be a long walk home ! :lol:

I had to walk from the Ibrox bar to the Rialto last year, is my walk going to be further this year? lol

Karen
Depends how many you've had, Karen. A 10 minute stroll should do it. :lol:

Have a look at this I`ve found :D
Thomson videos ain`t as good as mine :rofl

http://thomson.webromtv.com/template/hotelView.aspx?oid=3506

besos xxx
Sanji
Thank You, I enjoyed that. lol

Karen
I can't understand why Thomson Holidays don't date those videos - it would give potential customers a far better idea of what to expect. Even if you select the winter months option you see clips which, judging by the thronged pool areas, have obviously been filmed in peak summer months. For anyone who has never been to Benidorm before and who may be looking for a quiet winter break, those clips would give completely the wrong impression and could make folk think Benidorm is not a suitable winter destination for them.

Problems have been reported in this area due to construction works ... please click here for more.

An appeal on behalf of my worried friend here.

She's booked in April to stay at the Flamingo Playa for a week. However when I went past the building last week on the way home I could have sworn it was closed, well, a building site actually. The back of the Apartments are gutted out and the building looked a shell, Thomson have told her there is no building work going on...but I think otherwise and its getting a bit close to book alternative accomodation

Has anybody been closer to the Apartments or is resident in the area to confirm this

Bearing in mind that Thomson allowed her to book the Monaco Hotel before the hotel themselves emailed her to say that the building was closed for a considerate amount of time for a complete refit

Any help would be appreciated
Hi JKKne ... we did have reports at the beginning of the year that Flamingo Playa was closed for refurbishment. However, I can see nothing on the Marconfort Hoteles group website to indicate that any works are still in progress, much less when they might be completed.

It may be worth sending an e-mail to book.flamingoplaya@marconfort.com and also using the Contact form on the group website ... click here.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.