Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi..I havent stayed at the Flamingo benidorm, although we have dropped off and picked up there several times. We stay at the flamingo oasis, and cannot fault the hotel, and from what i gather from people who have stayed at the Flamingo benidorm, the rooms are not up to much, whereas the oasis is sheer luxury, from the moment you step iside the magnificent foyer, you could be in a top las vegas hotel. So for me i would choose the oasis for the best accomodation....however if your son and his mate want to be handy for the square, the F. benidorm is your best bet, it is a five minute walk from there, whereas the oasis is about 10/15 minutes away. There were lots of lads that age there last new year and to be honest most of them seemed happy enough hanging out in the hotel, they may have gone out later, but they all seemed to congregate in the TV area, acting cool to impress all the girls!
Flamingo Oasis is in another league to Flamingo Benidorm. FO is one of Benidorms classier hotels but a good walk up from the beach. More like 25 mins to get to The Square area I would say unless you are a fast walker. FB is a more basic place, used to be apartments but is now all inclusive, different style, different clientele but a much better position for The Square and Cabaret Bars. I would expect FO to be more expensive but if they are the same price I would go for FO.
Never been to the oasis but my friend stayed inthe benidorm, she loved it and the room style was great as she also has a teenager, being apartment style she slept in a different room. From what ive heard about the oasis the 4 of you would be sharing a room. I myself would love tto visit the oasis but hubby's not keen on sharing a room with the kids.
You're right, that's the only problem with the Oasis, you are all in one bedroom....but the bedrooms are huge! And hey, it's only a week....and you dont spend every minute of the day together as a family do you? Always personally find time for a few minutes together if you get what I mean?? :oops:
Sometimes a bit difficult with a 9 year old who hates kids clubs fitzy 1, its nice to be able to shut the door if you get my meaning.
Yes message understood!
We always go to apartments for our main hols, but for the new year hols which is only a week.....like you our child hates childrens clubs....we find where there's a will there's a way!!! There IS a large games room where the kids all hang out, and it is safe, ther's a security man in there, kids tend to get engrossed in there dont they???? :lol:
Iv,e stayed at both in the is no comparison
The Flamingo Oasis Is Superb
Mick
Hi

Tonight (14 December 2005) I visited friends who were staying in Flamingo Benidorm. I didn't know that there was more than one flamingo.

I got into a taxi in Alfaz Del Pi and asked for the flamingo in Benidorm, the taxi driver said "which one" I then text my friends who told me Flamingo Benidorm, but when I got there, they told me that they had paid nearly 400 euros extra to move to Flamingo Benidorm from the one that is quite close to it. The Flamingo that they were originally booked into was mainly inhabited by bible bashers and knitting enthusiasts and apparently if you were heard to laugh you were possibly in line for death by firing squad. They were also in company with several couples who had paid the extra to "be normal"

I do not judge other people but if you want to have a good laugh, then book in the Flamingo Benidorm.
Hi Sandy ... if they moved to Flamingo Benidorm from another Flamingo property close by, then it sounds as though it may have been Flamingo Playa rather than Flamingo Oasis. Reports on all Flamingo properties can be found in our Hotel Reviews section (link in top left hand corner).

David :wave
Hi, Trying to fit a quick week in at Easter and can't decide which one to go to so would like a few opinions. Couple of questions, does the Benidorm have an indoor pool like Oasis? in case outside is too cold. Which Hotel has best rooms for 2 adults + a 21 year old and 16 year old? Correct me if I am wrong but is the Oasis the one near the seafront and the Benidorm the one near to the Levante. As we intend AI which one do people prefer. Thanks for any help. Karen
Hi Karen ... I have merged your enquiry with this previous thread, which also asked for comparisons between both hotels. We also have individual threads for each hotel, where you may pick up more information:

FlamingoBenidorm
FlamingoOasis

FlamingoBenidorm was originally built as a self catering apartment complex, and later converted to an AI hotel. However, accommodation is still apartment style, with a twin bedroom and separate lounge with sofabed. I personally think that it would be somewhat cramped for 3/4 adults sharing. This hotel does not have an indoor pool. It did share a small indoor pool with the Flamingo Playa complex just opposite, but I believe that is currently closed for refurbishment. The hotel is around 800m uphill from the Levante beach, on Calle Cuenca.

FlamingoOasis is a much newer and more modern building, specifically designed and constructed as an AI hotel. It's at the Rincon end of town on Avenida Doctor Severo Ochoa, the main road leading to Benidorm Palace. It's probably around 800m from the beach too. The Oasis which you refer to as near the seafront is an entirely separate apartment complex, unconnected with the Flamingo Oasis.

David :wave
Just back to-day from the Flamingo Benidorm after a weeks stay. We also stayed there the same time last year. I think the standards have dropped since last year, but the hotel still remains good value for money as many people were staying for around £250 for the week including flights and transfers.
The food was still good but the choice was sometimes limited.
The alcoholic drinks at the bar have become a bit of a joke as they are serving spirts with a much lower alcohol rating than normal.
Tables around the outside areas are just stacked away at night and never cleand unless you care to do so youself.
You get what you pay for. Out of our total bill the hotel only got around £19 per person per day, and that was for supplying an A/I service.
If you want a better service and are prepared tp pay for it go to the Flamingo Oasis
The staff are hard working and the rooms cleaned well every day with clean towels supplied daily. As David has mentioned the Flamingo Benidorm was once apartments, so you get lots of room for 2 people and have the use of a fridge. S o I suppose for £19 a day what do you want ??

Robert
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.