Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
IIRC the Regente being AI is very new so I doubt that people will be able to compare the two hotels on that board basis. You may well have to just compare general reviews for the Regente or wait until later in the season for reviews on the AI option.
I've Stayed at both hotels, but not AI at the Regente obviously and have posted my reviews of both hotels in the reviews section. But based on the 3 criteria that you have indicated i would pick the Flamingo Oasis if its only a total of £200 different for the Total Holiday cost. The Regente is a far smaller hotel with very friendly staff, much more so i feel than the FO. However if you are planning on staying in at the Evenings, I would say the Entertainment would be much better at the FO, as indeed would the Food, which is the best Hotel Food i've had in Benidorm. It is however a very large hotel as you will know and is much more bustling than the more laid back Regente. You are definately given more personal service at the Regente, but the Food is not as good or as varied as the FO! They really are two completely different types of hotel! Personally i find the FO too big and busy, but if you like there, then i'd probably stick with it!

Best Regards - Taggy
you will have to take consideration that i stopped in the regente 5/6 years ago and never in the oasis but a friend of mine who is a benidorm regular stayed in the oasis and the flamingo benidorm with his grandchildren and said that the flamingo, although not as new as the oasis was a good cheaper alternative.
see the map }

http://www.hotelstreet.co.uk/Map-22-Benidorm.html
I have stayed at the Regente once and the Flamingo Oasis on 3 occasions in the last 3 years.

If it is only an extra £200 then I think that I would be inclined to book the Flamingo Oasis but only because of the room size.The bedrooms at the Regente are very small for a family as they are a of a normal size double with bunk beds in so you lose a lot of space.

I am looking forward to staying at the Regente all inclusive this year because I think with it been new they will be making a special effort although the last time we stayed we had no complaints whatsoever, we found the staff very friendly and the hotel was spotless.The food was great too. I would say that you get more choice at the Oasis but I don't always like that, I never know what to choose when there's so much.
The dining room at the Regente is much less manic and more relaxed and the staff get to know you.

As for entertainment, when we were last at the Regente, there was a guy called Victor who was the resident entertainer. He was a great guy but has now moved on to the Hotel Bali on the Costa Del Sol so not sure what things will be like this time although I do know that the entertainers from outside are often the same ones that perform at the Oasis.

The Flamingo Oasis cosmetically is much more upmarket than the Regente but as previously said by Taggy, the Regente is much more friendly and not as busy.
I have even read on a holiday review that the manager even mended a guys wheelchair, you can't get a more of a personal service than that. :)

I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever hotel you choose as they are both of a very good standard, perhaps you should toss a coin........ :rofl :rofl

Sue :)
........or ask Harry Hill!! :rofl

Best Regards - Taggy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.