Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Tuppence,

If its Flamingo Oasis your taken interest too they have a good website if you havnt already seen it http://www.flamingooasis.com

I will leave someone else to anser the questions about food and drink who have already been there but i know for certain its all inclusive cards you get with your picture on...

Danny 8)
1) in this hotel is it a wristband or a card? CARD

2) if a card, what do you do whilst in the pool with it? is it waterproof? WATERPROOF but why not leave it on the sunbed under the towel?

3) is the food available all through the day and what sort of stuff do they have? maybe 1 hour through the day without food and food is excellent

4) are all of the drinks cheapo brands or is there some good stuff you can get on the AI? all the spirits are cheapo but there is Strongbow cider on tap as well as lager

John
i would say its a wristband and just local beer.none uk brands as for food depends what the hotel do.normanlly its just the drinks thats ai/ the food is a different band.for those on b/b ect..resort hopper will work out cheaper its a good service.no messing about.just got to say i have only been in the bat area and this hotel is the dogs boll----s.very classy.trying to answer all question in one go
djwoody wrote:
i would say its a wristband and just local beer.none uk brands as for food depends what the hotel do.normanlly its just the drinks thats ai/ the food is a different band.for those on b/b ect..resort hopper will work out cheaper its a good service.no messing about.just got to say i have only been in the bat area and this hotel is the dogs boll----s.very classy.trying to answer all question in one go

!/ No wrist bands , only cards!
2/ Yes, U.K brands, Strongbow Cider
3/No B&B at this hotel, only A/I
4/ Ressorthoppa is not the cheapest option for 4 people, shop around.

Oh by the way, the food's good too.

Sue :)
Does anyone know if this hotel has parking facilities - wanting to book for 4 nights in April and will be arriving by car. Have emailed the hotel on three seperate occasions asking if they have parking and what the charge is and they still haven't got back to me
If anyone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated
Totally agree with Sue on that one :lol:

Kay,
Yes there are parking facilities to the front of the hotel, based on first come first served. We stayed in June last year and there was only ever 2 or 3 cars parked all fortnight.

Cazz XX
are there any lockers near to the pool area?
No Tuppence, not when I was there anyway.
Ok I have a question please

Do they have contacts for mobility scooters in reception, or if not and one arranges their own - do they have a secure area where you can leave it ?

TIA

Kath x
Kath, someone may be able to help you better than me because I've never took notice in the Flamingo Oasis regarding mobility scooters.

However, going on the hotels that I have stayed in, the scooters are usually "parked up" near a plug point to charge the battery up overnight, ready for the next day.
All the hotels I have stayed in, the scooter users find a plug in the reception area...the Flamingo Oasis may indeed have a designated area.

Once the key is removed, have you ever tried lifting one of these things.? :yikes
well, I have. :roll:... some kind inconsiderate soul parked his scooter in such a way, that I couldn't pull the chair out to use one of the hotel computers...and nobody in their right mind would try and pinch one of them, especially if they are parked up in view of the reception, with the reception being manned 24/7.

Do you have any contact numbers for hiring a scooter.?

SanJi x
I have thanks Sanji, but just wondered if the hotel had someone they recommend.

Once my husband has agreed (and he's nearly there ;)) I will mail them and ask.

Thanks

Kath x
Just in case anyone is after a contact, then this company works with Thomson and if you click on "about us" you will see that they state this.
The prices for the different products and service can also be found.
http://www.eurocaremobility.com/

Another one is.....amigo 24...click on English.
http://www.amigo24.com/es/index.asp

Sanji x
I will take a look at those too Sanji - thanks

Kath x
You're welcome Kath.

Whilst I have no personal experience of these companies...I've certainly noticed the "Amigos" plastered on the side of the scooters.

Just get a skateboard attached to the back of the hubbys scooter for you to stand on.... and you'll be bombing down that promenade. :rofl

I'm not joking...I've seen it done in Benidorm. :lol:

sanji x
Well there's an idea :rofl
I had visions of me jogging along side him lol.

Seriously, I hope he decides to have one, would make things a lot easier.

Kath x
It's me the pain again - does anyone know have any idea how many rooms there are on each floor please ?

Kath x
Hi Kath,
I think it's 16, but I'll be shot down if I'm wrong. :wink:
Just had a look at my holiday photos, there are 13 looking over the pool and two or three rooms on the side overlooking Puig.( the mountain with the chip in it, think that's how it's spelt)

Cazz xx
Many thanks :)
Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.