Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Thanks for that CazzMicknTom. My daughter is visiting end of June so will put her wise too. Although I think it will be packed lunches on the beach.

Me, well I'll stick to the winter months lol ;)
kath x
Dee, the rooftop is your best bet but no children allowed.

The doors to the pool are closed till 9am and then two of the staff open them. Hubby saw this plenty when we went last year and had to laugh, it was like a supermarket sweep and the staff were highly amused by it all. Going to the Pelicanos this year and there is a lady walks round taking towels of all reserved sunbeds which I think is a great idea as I usually don't see the light of day till 10ish.
Although I think it will be packed lunches on the beach.

Hope she likes pate :rofl :rofl

Sue :)
LOL @Sue.

I didn't but I do now :lol:
She does :rofl I have warned her! ;)
Can anyone tell me is the night time entertainment outside or does it depend on the weather? We have never been AI before and have always tipped when paying for our drinks in the restaurant, bar etc, so how do you do this on AI and do people usually tip everytime they visit the bar, restaurant etc. Thanks Karen
Hi Karen, Regarding entertainment outside, it will depend on the time of year and obviously the weather too.

As for tipping, I have stayed at the Flamingo Oasis on 3 occasions now, just for short visits and have tipped almost everytime that I have visited the bar.
I didn't give much, usually just cents not euros so make sure that you have plenty of change.

The staff really appreciate it and seem to look after you :wink:

Enjoy your stay.

Sue :)
Thanks Sue, Yes we always find we are very well treated and I believe thats down to the tipping we usually do, so I will just carry on as normal. We always tip at home as well as I believe if you receive good service it should be repaid as waiters etc seem to be the lowest paid. Karen
Last year when we were there the entertainment went outside end of May, but it was still a bit nippy. It's a bit of a wind trap to, well it was when we were there.
I carnt see entertainment being outside in April when we go Karen... but you never know...
hi we have just come back from the flamingo for the second time, the entertainment is still inside as its cold not having the best of weather at the moment. We are def going back again but in the summer there is a different feel about the place. One thing about this hotel i noticed the second time round was they could do with freshening it up ie the rooms and the fiesta flamingo area plus sort out all the roof plenty of bucket were out when we was there. Please dont be put of with what has just been said we still love the hotel and staff.
There were buckets out last year too, thought they may have fixed the problem, especially the piano bar area, it had a really musty smell when we were there.That was the only downer.
Must have been lucky, never saw one bucket.

Kath x
Must have been lucky, never saw one bucket.

No rain on your holiday then :wink:
dose it leak through most of the celings when it rains? :roll:
Don't worry Danny, it was the main reception area and the piano bar. When we went last year it rained none stop for the first day so we had to manoevre around the buckets and towels :lol:
It'll not spoil ya holiday, well it didn't ours. The rooms were sound.

Have fun.
i wasnt worrying :lol: promiss :wink:
my dad spent a bit on buying suncream today hopefully it will come in handy 8)
yes thats were we saw them, danny ive sent you a pm
hi guys off to my dads soon.. already to go now ready for our flight tomorrow 8:45 in morning so if you see a plane think of me :lol:

Danny :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.