Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Dave
No it's not Gibraltar, You'd have to go to Tangier because that is where the Med and the Atlantic meet.
Quite easily achieved from the excursion shops in Torremolinos.
Various prices depending whether you want a basic visit, a deluxe visit or 2/3 days there
From €61 to €140....with lunch included....early start though at 5.30 am....don't know what's the difference between Tangiers at €61 and deluxe at €71.....both are saying on my price list that lunch is included and English speaking guides.
I can only think that you either visit somewhere else en route, as well....or like the Gibraltar express, they don't pick up at every hotel and you get there quicker.

It's gonna be a long day for sure.

Sanji
hi Sanji

We had already decided we are going on the Tangiers tour (and it's 5-30 start :yikes ) but I was asking about the Spanish end of the join.

Having studied the map (thanks Google Earth) I think it must be Tarifa, as this appears to be the southern tip of Spain.

Dave
Hi Dave
Sorry, I thought you were asking where it's possible to see with the human eye where the turquoise waters of the Med and the dark blue waters of the Atlantic meet.

If you're going to Tangier, this is possible (on a good day) at Cap Spartel or Cap Malabata.
If you go on the €61 trip to Tangier, you leave at 5.30am, if you go on the €71 priced one, you leave at 7.30 am.

I'm only guessing here, but they may go to Algeciras for the ferry and Tarifa for the other"¦ one takes 1 hour 30 mins, the other takes an hour, and they will be governed by the timetables, hence the early pick-up.

Either way, have a nice time. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.