Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
ATM
Hiya,

You could try asking HERE.

Cheers, MrsMac
Hi There

I was in St George South last June and the ATM was fine but in September it was out of order.

To be honest I try to avoid using it! Its not all that reliable! I just take cash. It is the safest place on the earth. I have been going for the last 18years. Everyone is so friendly, you will not have to worry about leaving cash in your room. Although we do, its always a good idea to hide it somewhere.

If you need any more information on the village feel free to ask!!

When are you going?

Regards

Tamara
Mrs Mac and Tamara

Still not too sure what to do. I was told that we will be charged 2% commision to cash Sterling travellers cheques so might take cash.

Tamara,

We fly out on the 13th July for two weeks staying at the Corfu Plaza apts. Any recommendations for bars, tavernas would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Burnbankbear
Hi There

Sorry for the late reply! Advice on tavernas, bars & restaurants! Where do I start?!?

There is plenty of choice but I do have my favourites.

La Goudia is fantastic bar, all full of green trees etc. There is an outside area aswell as inside. They have a huge TV outside where you can watch film of the day in the afternoon. This is great if you want to get out of the midday heat. At night they have a quiz on selected nights where you can win free watersports. It can go from one extreme to another, some nights busy, some quiet. You will not be short of a drink though even when its busy as they have people serving you at your table. The best bit of this bar is the 2 greek brothers that own it. George and Akis. There fantastic - They have known me for 18Years!! This is generally the bar we spend the most time it and they dont have a shut down time!!

Last year a new place opened 20 metres down called Al Pacino's that was busy later a night if you like that kind of tthing.

The Corfu Plaza is a nice place! Do you have children?

The first restaurant I would recommend is Panorama. This is next to the ATM and does the best Steak. Sometimes the meat isnt great in Corfu but you wont go wrong with the Steak at this restaurant. Its even better with the mushroom sauce. Although a little pricier than the rest of restaurants but your on holiday after all and I believe you get what you pay for.

The Balcony restaurant is also a fantastic choice. The best Spaghetti Carbonara!! The waiters are great with children and sing when there working. The owner Dimitri is very welcoming but it does get very busy! This is also very reasonably priced. Just before The Balcony is Sebastian's. They have the best Kleftiko and your sat in a garden. They took over this place last year and the food was great, they just were not very busy which was a shame for tem but we ate there 3 times.

If you fancy a gyros Pitta Kebab one night head down the The Chicken House. This is just past the ATM. Me qand my husband used to sometimes call in here at 2am after a few cocktails.

You cant really go wrong with any restaurants - they are all lovel and the food is always great as is the service. All restaurants also cater for children and most will also do a childs portion of a main meal. I remember my younger brother always used to have Lamb Chops at The Balcony.

For a great Fish Restaurant go to Makis. This is just passes the ATM an Panorama. They have fresh fish in a little fishing boat at the front of the restaurant and you pick what you want. They also have lobsters inside. I recommend the Garlic King Prawns here. This is run by Makis and his wife!!

Everything in St George is on 1 long strip and they have now made pavements so alot better for buggy's etc.

I hope you find this information useful.

Anything else please ask!!
Thanks for the reply.

Everywhere sounds great. I am so looking forward to trying all the restaurants you recommended.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.