Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
ST GEORGE SOUTH
31 Posts
Merpig I have edited your post (above) and changed to lowercase. Please do not post with your caps lock on - Glynis*
I have recently booked a holiday to st peters in corfu with thomson and I noticed they have got a place in st george south called 'corfu plaza apps'. Hope this is helpful. :wave
Which accomodation did you stay at in St Georges South through Golden Sun?

Olympic have lots of accomodation there, we stayed in some last year, the year before we went through just ( part of thompson).

But Stars apartments have their own web site its

http://www.stars-studios-hotel.com/

Also Ananias apartments have their own site

http://www.ananias-hotel-corfu.co.uk/

hope this helps you

roelle
Staying here next month. Any new up to date info on this resort ?
Is there a medical centre and where is the nearest hospital ? (going with accident prone friends !) We're staying at Corfu Plaza Apts.
thanks Jo
Hi jo,have been going to st george for the last 6 years and have stayed in various accommodation there.Stayed at corfu plaza last June.It is a large complex(thomson superfamily)and we really enjoyed.Ideal if you have children.As mine are all grown up now i did find the entertainment side of it a bit like butlins but it was obvious that many families had a good time!You are a few minutes walk from the beach-sandy and safe.It would take us a 15-20 minute stroll to get to the centre of the resort where the night life is.There are some lovely restaurants/tavernas with fabulous views of the sunset(Panorama was one of the best).Thare are music bars with a variety of entertainment e.g.quizzes,Karaoke,guitarist etc.Also a nightclub which opens July/August.The people are very friendly and give you a wonderful welcome.We found the apartments more than adequate for our means and they were clean and quite well equipped.1 large family pool and a quieter 1 nearer the beach,which we preferred.Prices of meals and drinks are average with many bars doing "happy hour". If i can help you with any more info-please ask.hope this helps byee sue :pele
Me again jo - there is a doctors surgery in the resort and main hospital in corfu town-hope you won't need them though!! sue
Just booked to go to the Dora Studios in July, just wondering what the resort is like, I am a bit worried it may be too quiet (ages 25&26).

Any advice on accommodation and resort would be much appreciated.
Hi there Gill,I have been going to St George South for the last 6 years,and just love it there!!The resort has many bars and restaurants,tavernas,etc.The Dora studios are lovely apartments,clean with a lovely swimming pool that is a sun trap.The owners of these apartments also own the Panorama restaurant,which has beautiful views over the sea,and a sunset to die for!!The resort is mainly one long street which runs along the coast.The nightlife is varied with music bars which offer karaoke,quizzes etc.One nightclub,which is open july-august although never been there as i go june/sept.The resort is laid back and good for chilling out but the nightlife is there if you want it!!and the bars close when the last person leaves! There are boat trips from St George with Kostas.They are brilliant!He goes to Paxos,Antipaxos and caves on wed and sun.8-30-5-30.Last years prices were 23 euros p.p.Also does the blue lagoon on a mon.10-5pm.which was 18 euros.Good fun with a bar on board!
There are many places to eat,with reasonable prices,and most bars do happy hours!
Kavos it isn't!! But my 3 children and their partners have been out there with me and they loved it there!!Their ages are 24-30!! They hired quad bikes and visited a lot of the south of the island.I'm sure you will enjoy there,the friendliness of the people is second to none,and the welcome is always there.Please let us know how your holiday goes,and if you want any more info,don't hesitate to ask!A good review can be found on the Corfu Travel Guide.
Enjoy!
Byee
Sue :pele
Thanks a lot. I was a bit worried as some reviews said there were lots of empty buildings etc..
Just wondering what the pool bar is like at the apartments?
Hi there,friends of mine have stayed there and they enjoyed the pool bar though like me,they spent most of their time on the beach.

I would imagine that most of the empty properties have come about because of the collapse of golden sun.Many apartment owners are now renting privately and their prices are excellent.Shame the flights to corfu are so expensive from my part of the uk!

Holiday watchdog do some good reviews also,check them out for recent posts,may have a bit more info for you.St George is a very safe resort so try not to worry.July/August are the busiest months there and i'm sure you will have a great holiday!
Byee
Sue :pele
Thanks.
Really looking forward to it!
just back today. Very laid back resort. Stayed at the Blue Diamond, lovely clean, nice pool. Ate at the Panorama, very good, Le Bistrot, Excellent, The Balcony very good, San Carlos, very good, the beach , we only went one day loved the pool, but you could walk out for a long way, and very shallow still. You will have a good holiday
Hi, Has anyone stayed in the 'Paradise' apts in St George? We are thinking of booking a family holiday there in August. Also is the resort ok for children and adults who still like a bit of nightlife!
is it st. george south you are going. If so resort good, plenty of tavernas and a good few bars for you. Good beach for the children, very shallow. Just got back Friday
yes it is in the south. Any places worth a visit? Did you stay in the'Paradise' apts? Hope you had a good holiday!
No we did not stay in the Paradise, we were at the Blue Diamond, Good places to eat. The Balcony, Panorama, San Carlos, and the best was Le Bistro. Just had a lazy week, did the coach into Corfu town on Tuesday evening for a change.
I think I saw a review for these apartments on http://www.holidays-exposed.com, they look very nice.
Yeah, I am off to the Paradise Apartments in St.George South, Corfu in 3 days looking forward am wondering it anyone had been there, I am going with a mate and hoping their is a good night life there I have been their last year with the family and I thought it was good there but I want to know where the paradise apartments are situated? any information and I would be very great full thanks

rob :D
*Edit post removed as it is spam. The site belongs to the poster - Glynis*
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.