Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Barclays debit card worked ok in the cash machines I didn't notify them in advance, my son did let them know to be on the safe side because he only banks with Barclays
why not get yourself a nationwide flexi account,

it is used worldwide and you get business rates, and there is no charge for using atms anywhere in the world
Do you get a good rate taking out money from your nat flexi account? I always take cash as we always get an excellent rate. There is also the worry of cards being swallowed up by the hole in the wall!
Hi, Elle,
Yes, you get a good rate with a Nationwide card. Been using one for 10 years now and never had a problem. Never been charged extra either. Best deal on the market for regular travellers.
Mmm... think I shall go and open an account.

Just got back from Spain and went to cash 100 euros traveller cheque and got charged 9 euros in the process, and that was doing it the cheaper way through my daughters bank account. Have brought the remainder bank to cash over here, and just took out what we needed through the local hole in the wall.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.