Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Does anyone know if there is a Cashpoint in Trianda?
Hi and welcome to HT if you look through the threads in the General holiday enquiries board you will find all the non specific informatin including ATM machenes to get you started click the link below

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=401

hope this helps

brian
There was 8 years ago when I stayed there, it was on the crossroads where the main road crosses the beach road. Maybe different now, but HTH a bit!
Came back from Rhodes a couple of weeks ago and we stayed at the hotel next door ( Rhodos Royal) naturally we had a peek at your hotel and I would say you won't be disappointed. It has a great beach with a jetty where you can catch the shuttle boat to Falariki (€1.50) or Rhodes (€5), there are also plenty of water sports there. The gardens of the hotel look lovely and the pools are very clean, with bars and snackbars around them. You are also right beside the water park, which is really good. The hotel to the right of you has a small "Lazy River".........so make use of it, we did, LOL.

Going left out of your hotel there is a small shopping centre ( Epsilon Centre ) and some restaurents. Just past Rhodes Royal the first small bar you see is great value for money, they also do snacks. This is also where you get the bus into Rhodes Town, by the tree with the seat round it, (€1.70) about 5 past the hour and halfhour. Takes ½ hour and drops you at the New Market, by Mandriki Harbour. Beats paying €11 for a taxi. Last bus back to your hotel is midnight.........and it's packed. Taxi rank is on the other side of the market from the buses.

Not all the buses passing the hotel go to Falariki, but a taxi there is just €5 and they can easily be flaged down. Always set your price first!!!
Falariki is not the popular place it once was, though there is still plenty going off, but it looks a bit shabby now.

Enjoy your holiday,
Tom

PS can't remember seeing ATM'S in the resort, but there are plenty in Rhodes Town
Site Addresses for ATM machenes can be found on the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=401

wizard
There is definately one at the bank at the crossroads and I'm sure there's one at the Champion supermarket on the the road towards the airport
It sounds excellent - thanks for that - hope you enjoyed your holiday. What was the weather like?
Tracy
Wall to wall sunshine Tracy, but a bit windy some days (very hot wind). One day it hit 36ºC.......so don't forget high factor sunscreen 8) .

Tom
There are 2 cashpoints at the crossroads, and another at PAPOU supermarket, depending on where you are staying n Ixia or Trianta one of these will be convenient.
Hi,
I am trying to work out the best way to take my money to Lindos. The options i have are as follows:

1. Travellers cheques (Euro)
2. Travellers cheques (sterling to change over there)
3. Euros (cash)
4. Sterling (cash to change over there)
5. Cash card and make withdrawls over in Lindos
6. Combination of the above

I am a seasoned traveller abroad and am worried about the best way to take my money.
What facilities are available in Lindos and would i benefit from taking cash and changing it over there or taking a combination of the above.

Id love to hear any advice any of you more experienced travellers to Lindos may have (cough Marcus cough :wink: )
Hi - nice that you think of me!

Well i normally take some euros (cash) and draw the rest out from an ATM (there's two in Lindos) when this runs low. It used to be better taking sterling over there as you got a better rate but since the change to euro there's very little in it.

Unless you're staying at one of the larger complexes above the village it's unlikely you'll have a safe. You can use a safe in one of the travel/exchange offices but, obviously, you only have access while they're open. I don't normally bother - the crime rate is very low.
we are staying at the Rafael Studios which i think is on Krana hill outside the village, they are new apartments (opened last year i think) but there is no mention whether or not there are safes in the room in the brochure. Do the ATMs run out of cash often or would we be able to withdraw money whenever we wanted? Also do you know if they accept all banks? i am in Barclays.
I've not known them to run out of cash but there is a bank in Lindos and you can even draw money out in there with your card as long as you've got your passport with you (i think there's a max amount per day like cashpoints). All major cards ok so you'll have no problem with Barclays.

Some of the newer places up on Krana Hill do have a safe but if there's no mention of it yours might not. If you do feel you need one you can use one in the village but just note their opening times as you don't have 24 hr access.
FOR ATM machines please see following link to general holiday enquiries

wizard
Can anyone tell me if there are any cash points in Kalithea or where the nearest ones are please, I presume Rhodes Town would be the nearest, do Rhodes do the chip and pin yet or just signature only ?
Not sure if there are any in Kallithea but if not you'll find them in Faliraki and Rhodes Town.
Chip and pin is a bit like we were here before 14th Feb - some places use it, some places you sign.
Have a look a this link,

HERE

Sorry it is a bit long!

** Edit to shorten link which was stretching the page. luci HT Mod **
Can anyone tell if their are ATM's in Falaraki please. I have checked the link on the page for ATM's however, can't see any for this resort.
Thanks
Westie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.