Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi, we were in Cala'n Bosch last summer and did exactly the same as you. Took £200 in euros and Nationwide debit card for the first time having previously relied on travellers cheques. We were also worried that the card wouldn't work, so we both had cards issued as it's a joint account and also took a couple of extra credit cards as a back up. We found it really convenient as there are several atms, can picture at least 3, at the back of the marina area opposite Paradise Club apartments by the car hire places. Found the machines really easy to use, as I recall you select lanquage so there's no problems there. Just remember when it asks do you want amount converted to euros select 'NO' and that way you get the better exchange rate and no charge as it's not converted until it reaches your Nationwide account.
Thanks very much for your response. Mine's also a joint account so will take both cards and will take my credit card as backup.

Thanks again.
No probs, have a great time in Cala'n Bosch, as I'm sure you will.
I'd always keep a decent "float" upto the last couple of days here. When we went all the ATMs first went down for 2 days then there were queues with money running out. In the end one day four of us got a taxi to Cuitadella to go to an ATM, as things were getting desperate.

They all seem to accept most cards tho.
Sounds a bit worrying.

What time of year was this. We're going on 19th June so not busiest time but imagine it will still be fairly busy then.

May have to revise my spending plan then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.