Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi gavmat :wave

Stayed in Corallejo in April at the Atlantis Palace. There are quite a few Bancos with ATM's on the main strip. We used the one on the main drag by the Atlantis Palace. Yes, you do pay to use the ATM's (I think I'm right in saying that all British Banks charge for this facility abroad :?: ). The exchange rate is also good.
Found no problems at all in obtaining money this way. Obviously, be careful of machines, in case they have been tampered with and be aware of people around you when withdrawing money - as you would in this country.

Have a good holiday :sun

Carol :wink:
Thanks Carol thats brilliant never know when you might need some extra cash, this will be our first time to fuerteventura can't wait :D
We are off next week, it will also be our first time to Fuerteventura. We are planning to take some travellers cheques - would you advise getting them in Euros or Pounds, or does it make little difference?

Thanks.
Im not too sure actually, last year we went to majorca and took euro cheques, the hotel charged us to change them(only 1.5%) but i noticed some people had sterling cheques, now the hotel did'nt charge anything to change them but you get whatever the exchange rate is on that day(at the time it was better than in the UK).
Sorry i can't be of anymore help but like I said i'm still not sure myself, better decide soon though only 4 weeks to go, can't wait. :D :D
hi all
i opened a nationwide flexi account they dont charge you for taking your money out !!!! :D .if you go to the general hints and help topic you will see a topic on page 2 abut this subject :D
Excellent!!! i actually have a nationwide account :D :D
:D thanks :D
hi gavmat
is your,s the flexi account ? might be worth your while too check and make sure your account allows you to draw cash out free of charge :D
hi david b
Just checked with nationwide and they said there is no charge to withdraw money abroad from cirrus machines with my flex account.
Thanks for letting me know :D
Heading away in 2 weeks, money wise we had a disaster in bulgaria this summer and couldnt find an ATM that worked so couldnt get money from our card. Are there plenty of ATMs in Corralejo near the los alisios apartements where we're staying? Or is it best just to take travellers cheques?
You will have no trouble with wanting to use a card.
There are lots of banks in the main street.
They all have machines out side for you to use.
I think Corralejo has more banks than most places.
i think you get charged 1 or 2 pounds aswell but thats nothing really
Hi Gavmat and co,
We haven't used traveller's cheques for years. We used our Nationwide Flex account card in Corralejo earlier in the year. Apart from it being free you get an excellent rate of exchange. I think it's the commercial rate of the day. Before going to Greece in July the rate for buying Euros in England ( we always take a few for the first day or two) was 1.428 to the £1. The rate we got from Nationwide whilst away was 1.475!
Cheers, Jean
Cheers guys, now i know i dont ahve to order travellers cheques thats something less off my list of things to do! Ill take some euros with me and just take my card. Thanks for the info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.