Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
It has been done, but with the current exchange rates it will be expensive. I believe you will need a fixed address where you will have to register the van.
The best I can say is check it out on the "Poms in Oz" website as there is a lot of local knowledge available there.

Hope this helps.

P.S.
Camper Vans are very expensive over here, even the whizz-bangs fetch a lot of money. I'll try and find a site for you to check out prices on the Sunshine Coast.

Try this for a start. The first on works out at appx £9000 for an old one.

Just google up any city and put "classifieds" after it and you should get the result you need.

Parky
Hi,

I did it, but it wasnt a campervan, it was an estate car with all the camping equipment (and was kn@ckered, but thats another story ....) If you go to hostels, which no doubt you will, you will see loads of adverts for them on the wall. Usually they are other, like minded travellers, who want to sell their van/car after travelling for a while.

In Melbourne, there are loads of cars left on the streets sometimes, as backpackers have gone home and abandoned them. If Im being honest, and i dont recommend this, I never registered my car. :yikes Im sure this is very naughty, but I never got asked any questions about it, and gave it away at the end of my trip.

Anymore questions feel free to ask
Campervans are much more expensive in Australia than Europe. You may like to consider a caravan which gives you the option of unhitching when you go sightseeing. Also station wagons (estate cars) are very popular and can be used with a tent or camper trailer which keeps you somewhat dry and comfortable. Depends on how much discomfort you are prepared to tolerate.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.