Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
I don't think there are many bars in Bud that are aimed at tourists if at all. Bars tend to be small family run affairs and are dotted about all over the place. We used a nice friendly one in the square around St Stephen's Basilica.
The ones I would avoid are the bars in Vaci Utca, they tend to be a little more expensive and if you're going to get conmen/pickpockets that's where they'll be.

Oh there's a nice themed bar around the corner from the NH Budapest hotel, it's called Darkness and it's quite fun, nice cheap food too.

Have a good time.

Russ.
Russ

Thanks for the feedback, someone else has mentioned Darkness to me previously, I'll give it a whirl.

Cheers
There is a square full of restaurants not far from the opera house at Ferenc Liszt Ter, all with outside tables etc..
Just in case you haven't seen it, we also have some discussion about Budapest in our City Breaks forum:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14457

David :wave
Head off the main streets to where locals drink well out of the touristy areas. You will, as usual anywhere, find the real bars and great value as well as the atmosphere, and not the touristy trail type places would be my advise. 8) We found one, can't remember its name, and at night it was just great for a last drink before bed. All the locals would arrive in and drink the most amazing drinks!! We tried a few just to blend in and wow, next morning........ I was Zwacked! :oops:
"Keep away from the Unicum" is my advice!

:yuck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.