Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Sunshinedrive, i'm sure a few others on here will be able to direct you to the best spanish restaurants and bars, but as you say you are staying in faro park , i know of some restaurants you should take a look at during your stay. we stay at faro park and often go to the restaurants located at La Mulata, which is a 5 min drive towards the town , its just after the H10 and next to the Natura.
there was a spanish bar called Pinxtos, we had really nice food there and they did all the tapas dishes, there is also el argentino which does fantastic steaks and nice wine and also transylvania (it was the last time! keeps changing name!) which did greek based food, we had a lovely meal in there, really good service.
these restaurants are reasonably quiet , they also have great views over the bay towards lobos and fueteventura, its worth venturing there for a look , we also go to the main town seafront and the restaurants there are good but busier, we have always found that there is a restaurant to suit your mood in PB.
have a great time, its such a relaxing place, we'll be out there in september,
if you have any questions about faro park area i'll do my best to help.
Thanks andy, are those places within walking distance of faro park, I like the sound of the Spanish tapas bar. We'll probably get a taxi.
Hi sunshinedrive, realistically not , i reckon its about 2 miles , i think it should be easy to pick up a taxi at the bars that are situated in faro park , its a small parade with 2 bars and good patisserie and supermarket, i often see taxis around there , or one of the bars could call one for you, and i'm sure it would be easy to get a taxi back from the restaurant, otherwise go into the Natura palace which is next door and get a taxi from the front entrance, once again i see many taxis around here.
The Pinxtos restaurant is really nicely done out and it has big folding doors so you can sit inside under cover but still see out over the sea, or the outside terrace if its warm!

The parade in faro park has 2 english style bars with pool table , tv and english food menu i think they're called the british open and lighthouse cafe, we've been to faro park about 5 times but never been in there , it really isn't my sort of thing but they seem ok, there is the patisserie which sells nice cakes and quiches and also has a few tables outside for a snack/coffee , i like walking up there to get fresh bread. and there is the supermarket which they have extended and improved over the last 2 years , and also a chinese takeaway/restaurant.

also below the restaurants at La Mulata is a bar called manea, a sort of trendy place to hang out! looks like one of these chillout lounge bars, everythings in white.

PS, its worth taking a look down at the restaurants at la mulata to check their opening hours beforehand, as usually one of them is closed each night.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.