Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Friends of ours stayed at this hotel last season not long after it opened.

The rooms were actually very nice, so long as you get the first floor ones overlooking the pool. Ground floor rooms were boxy, and dark.

The staff were lovely, one guy who works at Franks Restaurant (i won't name him in case i drop him in it),works at the Avantika during the daytimes but he told us that lots of customers had complained.
The Manager didn't seem interested in the hotel at all and spent very little time there, and because he wasn't always on site to sign off paperwork for petty cash etc the kitchen kept running out of basics like tea, milk and butter.

Maybe if they change managers it might perk up next season.
I thought it was in a great location and because it's a small hotel it wasn't too rowdy. It always appeared clean to me and the pool area was quite nice.

I'd be interested to know how you get on if you do stay there.

Golden Flip Flop xx
Toe, don't panic. If you've been to Goa before what hotels have you stayed at? This could help people compare the DA to the hotels you've been to rather than you keep asking about individual hotels :)
As I've already said about the DA in the other thread, the standard of rooms throughout the complex do vary so don't be afraid to ask to see other rooms if you're not happy.

Sharon
thanks goldenflipflop and sharon ,we have stayed at he horzion a few years ago and thought that it was ok but we have book for this crimbo at the don alcina and heard all bad about it so we are asking for info on hotels because we may need to change hotel before we get there, we normally rent a apartment but it is no longer available so we dont really know the hotels in goa , thanks toe
The hotel Dona Terazina is a sister hotel of the don alcina, some friends of mine were moved there from the don alcina in nov, it is a much better hotel, although nearer calangute, maybe you could get a transfer to there, but if you are really worried I would contact your agent now, as christmas is packed everywhere.

Lin
Well the Horizon hotel, just off Calangute high street is a nicer hotel than the DA. Mind you, that is only a first impression that I got from having a nosey around the place, not sure what the rooms are like. Has your tour op given you any other choices of hotels that you could possibly move to in a similar price bracket to the DA?
Hiya

I'm dragging up a really old post here! Who can tell me where in Calangute this hotel is??
hi zosie the place you are asking about my daughter and boyfriend stayed there last year if you know the big roundabout in calancute well its not far from there you go down a dirt track it was a sweet little place all brand new my daughter had a ground floor room facing the pool which was very very nice it was a great place for couples hope this helps Elaine
Thev lane to the Horizon runs down the side of Romanos the Opticians in Calangute High St. on the other side of the road and just down from the pld petrol pumps. Stayed thereat the millenium and havent heard any bad reports since Alan
Avantika is set up a quiet lane and is in a good location, close to Silent Resort Hotel. If you stand with your back to the temple (bottom of the high st), look accross the roundabout, you'll see a row of shops. Avantika is behind the shops.
I passed by there a few days ago and it looks like it needs a paint job, also noticed a new building going up behind the hotel which I think will block out the sun from the pool area.
If you do decide to book in here make sure you get a first floor pool view room (see my post above for reasons why)
Hope this is helpful,
Goldenflipflop
xxx
:D Hi All,

Loveing this website - so much information!! THink I am doign the OH head in at the moment - its like the AMerican Pie Band Camp Scenario - " I was on the HT Goa Forum today and it said this.... and that.......!! I don't care - he can put up with another 111 days of it!!

Just wondered if any of you have stayed at the Aventika Resort in Calengute? We spent ages trying to weigh up all the hotel options, checking all the review sites and a friend who went out said it looked ok from the outside but I just wondered if any one had first hand knowledge of the place?

Many thanks

shine3bg
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=44318&highlight=avantika

You should find the above helpful - it does go back a while though so you may want to do some more research before booking

GFF xx
friends of mine stayed there 2 years ago. they were put into a very damp ground floor room, they duly complained and were moved to a nicer room,. friendly staff from what i remember, rooms not great, but ok. and kept nice and clean by the room boys. rooms are never that great in goa.
BOB :glynis
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Thansk for the information - Not planning to spend too much time in the room - just for sleeping and changing in.

Only 110 days to go!
You probably already know this but DO NOT stay at The Dona Alcina. It's really is a dump with a mos' problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.