Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I know there is one at the Phoenix park open to non residents and would guess that applies to most of them as they seem to be private enterprises based in the hotels, like the tailors and jewellers.
Had a few beach massages over the years and enjoyed them all without injury :)
But I do avoid the " neck snap Sir?" :yikes
Hi Keith,i`m pretty sure there`s an Ayurvedic treatment place at the bottom of c.s.m road (beach end).it`s on the right just before the beach
There is a very good Ayurvedic massage place in an old house on the Baga river close to the Lila Cafe, most massages were approx 800 rps.
There is one underneath the Carvery on the beach road in Candolim.
Different kinds of Ayurvedic massage
* Ayurvedic Indian head massage
* Abhyanga: An individually prepared herbal oil massage
* Abhyanga-Garshana: A dry lymphatic skin brushing followed by a herbal oil massage
* Vishesh: A deep muscular massage using herbal oils

* Pizzichili: A two-therapist massage using warm herbal oils
* Shiro-Abhyanga-Nasya: Deep head, neck and shoulder massage, facial lymphatic massage and aromatic steam
* Ayurvedic foot massage: A deep massage in which the therapist uses his feet to massage you
* Udwarthanam: A slimming treatment involving deep massage with herbal powders
* Ayurvedic Shirodhara: A treatment using oil poured on the forehead

* Ayurvedic face and marma therapy: A facial using a herbal mask and individually prepared oils
A rough guide to what ayervedic is about..

cheers Keith
Not quite the same as a quick rub down with a coconut oil rag :D
Please could I book 3 slimming massages per day :rofl
Shirodhara is bliss, I always have one, it is for me the most relaxing ever , I love it. I am a very poor sleeper but after this treatment I sleep like a baby ...bliss :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.