Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Millionaire's door? I am definitely a fraud :D
I am really looking forward to the documentary. I think though that I may have to record it as I was told that it is a late night slot for Scotland for some reason.
It's not called London Airways for no reason :rofl Will you get it on I player ?
I'll record and watch. The OH will want to watch it anyway and he will be in the middle of the North Sea when its on.
Now I know .......why people look at me strangely onboard ,

My wife often has a blanket around her , gin and tonic , sunglasses on and reads the Daily Mail , and people see me talking to her :D
found it on iplayer- off to watch it now :)
I really hope so , I like and prefer people like her who are natural and work/try hard to be the best they can .
I did think the staff trainers were a bit untidy in appearance though .
I wonder how much less mixed fleet get are paid?
I felt sorry for the one who they have got rid of already. But it was a bit silly to arrive late when so much was at stake
I haven't had a taster menu- but I have heard similar feedback to what they had in the programme
I read elsewhere that MF get paid half as much , in one media report I read that they are paid the same as the cost of a fully flex club ticket , per year ,( £9500 ) . Well assuming they work a 40 hour week , even at min wage rate that equals over £12000 a year plus there must be add ons . I assume many longstanding workers have final salary pensions and new MF recruits don't get this .

The guy who failed the course ( Patrick ) made 2 errors in not knowing the seat configuration ( he might have mixed up cabins in his mind , WT and WTP ?? ) and being 2 mins late , I'm not sure of the 2 other snapshots , which in my view shows he wasn't focusing enough , a very nice and personable guy but the test and training is all about detail , others have made mistakes which is expected but have refocused quickly .

Fiona HT Mod wrote:
I haven't had a taster menu- but I have heard similar feedback to what they had in the programme

Are you referring to the two who thought they were on Masterchef ? :think
£12000 - not a lot is it?
yes the masterchef 2 :rofl
Have to say though that I was really upset to find a slight nick on the seat trim recently. It really isn't on is it?
I think , and really hope they get more than this , but then that is a wage that many of the population have to make do with :( Hopefully with time , chances of pay rises and promotion mean a better wage .

The interior manager inspecting the nick could do with popping down to Gatwick and casting her detailed eye over some of the 737 s ;) Mind, with paying £250 million for a new toy a scratch would be annoying !!

The food I've had has always been nice and very edible , the drink very good quality and offered freely , but I'm happy to understand that my food is cooked in a very small kitchen in steam ovens by crew cooking competently and I accept they don't have the flair and passion towards cooking as top chefs do , my expectations of food served on a plane would be nowhere near my expectations of food served in a 5* restaurant . When I heard the wannabe Torode and his buddy seat chum , I wanted to shove his soufflé where the sun don't shine .
I know what you mean but then I can't complain as I don't pay anything other than the taxes. Perhaps if I actually paid the real price to fly first than I might be a bit more critical but I'd like to think I wouldn't be :)
I agree with what you're saying , we have an Amex/AVIOS flight in F to Dubai in November , but when booking a holiday for September to Muscat I was booking CW but saw that F outbound was only £100 more each ,so I have booked full price but I view the whole package not just the food , ok breakfast in the CCR !! Will be nice , but other aspects are just as important to me , I've also just managed to upgrade with AVIOS the inbound flight too . Perhaps I will be more critical as I've paid more than using my companion voucher , but like you I would like to think I wouldn't be ( up myself ) :D
If only BA were as prompt with their flights as they are with their trainees!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.