We were flying to Jersey for a 2 day break and we're using the new BA lounge now in the South Terminal after the moves in January .
Firstly I must say that I found the South Terminal more pleasant , mainly from the aspect of arrival at the terminal entrance and entering , through the checkin areas and around the main departure lounge , unfortunately the North has resembled a building site in recent times although I'm sure the work will finish at some point .
The BA checkin is in Zone A , and has seperate desks for those with status or flying in premium cabins , the security entrance is up the escalators and on our experience was quiet and we were quickly through with no fuss and waiting . You go across the main departure lounge and if you look for JD Sports you will find the entrance for the airline lounges , there is good signage to find the lounges from here , along a corridor and up in a lift .
The entrance is modern with blue lighting and the lounge features lots of brush metal and monochrome feel , much like the new First cabins .
The lounge certainly does feel larger than the previous lounge and is separated into areas to make it feel more cosy , we went up to the mezzanine floor and were only 2 of 4 people up there ! It does give you a nice view to overlook other areas of the lounge , in the centre there is hot and cold food areas , they had made up bacon rolls , mini egg omelette in a roll and toast and warm pastries , also fresh fruit and cereals and savoury snacks to have with drinks , also bags of Kettle Crisps .
They had coffee machines which do produce very good lattes and cappuccinos ( I only wish they would stick these machines on their aircraft so I could have a decent cuppa in the air ) also the cookie jars are still there . There is a vast array of self service cold drinks and a seperate Island housing the wine and juices .
There is also a kids zone with PCs and a work office area neatly hidden away to provide a quiet area .
There are good views from the floor to ceiling windows of the gate areas 10 onwards .
I would liked to have longer to look around the main South Terminal lounge and shops but we had an early flight , but my overall quick opinion is that the moves in January have worked well for BA passengers .