Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Unless you surname is "Beckham" the amount of compensation is based on the weight of the luggage.

The maximum they will pay is 1000 special drawing rights which equals approx. £ 820

Mark :D
Whilst BA and the insurance will only deal with the person named on the ticket or policy with regard to the claim, there is no reason why you cannot contact them and apprise them of the situation/problem.

Ask that they record the details pending a claim upon her return. By recording this information you overcome any time limits that would normally apply.

You can also ask them for advice regarding what she should do. None of this breaks the confidentiality rules that apply.

fwh
Thanks for that.

I wondered what SDR stood for.

Still no news on the bag and she has changed addresses twice already!!!

Her travel insurance covers her for £1000 which should be adequate even including the cost of the rucksack. Her high value items - camera, ipod etc were in her hand luggage.

She has now bought herself a phone charger, knickers x 6, bras x 2, one t-shirt, one pair of shoes and a pair of shorts!!!!

She is reluctant to spend money on a new rucksack in case the original one turns up but she really needs one but I really think the chances of it being found now are remote and if it does turn up the chances of it catching up with her in Canada are zero.

I think she is beginning to relax a bit now and enjoy herself. Spoke to her today and she is on her way to Prince Edward Island.

Thanks for the useful tips.

Mandy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.