Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Is it just the Baan hotel? I can't find it but there is the Baan Samui hotel.
sorry fiona its the baan samui resort :oops:

cant even remember where im going im that excited !!
I have stayed in the Baan Samui hotel twice, a good location in central Chaweng - right on the beach it is near all the nightlife so a good hotel if you like lots going on.
The rooms are a lovely tropical style with cool wooden floors, the staff are very friendly and the pool area is lovely - all in all a very good value hotel , any questions just ask, shirleyV
We have a review here.
(There are a couple of "Baan" hotels and I thought yours might just have been a new one!)
The beach is lovely as is the island. There is not a great deal to do site seeing wise. We have been 3 times but it has been the relaxation part of our holiday so we haven't been bothered. You can take a tour round the island- be sure to visit the Muslim village, its fascinating. Take a songthaew to Nathon one day- that is an experience in itself! Nathon is a working town and it has some lovely local shops and a fascinating local market. ( when I say local I mean that, don't expect to buy anything - just soak in the atmoshere.
Chaweng itself is busy. I have to say I am not a great lover of it and we stay outwith Chaweng now and come into it when we want a little more action! There are however, some fantastic restaurants there. I don't think we had a bad meal there at all! And it is so cheap! Don't be put off by the fact its not favourite as so many others love it!
Have an evening at the Thai boxing. I went to keep husband happy and he had to drag me away from it hours later!! What a great atmosphere!
If you want a quieter evening go to one of the beach restaurants and sit at a table on the sand.
Take a taxi or songthaew one evening to Fishermans village- this is close to where we stay and is one street with fantastic restaurants and a good selection of bars. You will see why we like it so much!
I am hoping the members who have been to KS recently can give you more info and perhaps some restaurant recommendations.
Are you staying over in Bangkok at all?
As I think of more I will add to this! I have edited the thread title by the way

Edit
Hi Shirley- we posted at the same time!
The online magazine Samui Guide is packed with good information.
thanks shirley and fiona,

fiona we're not staying over in bagkok just passing through ( money abit tight ), are the resturants and bars as cheap as people say, this will be the first time in 4 years we're not going all inc so we're alittle unsure on how much money to take/save up.

we do love a good beach, and prefer the sea to be nice and calm also warmish :lol: , thats why we like the caribean so much.

thanks kaiser.
You wouldn't believe just how cheap it is! :lol: Look on a real splash out as being £15 for the two of you for dinner. And that is with a couple of drinks! You can spend a lot less!
Bangkok would be no dearer than KS by the way.
A good little bar just a few steps from the Baan Samui is called the 3 monkeys and they do lovely food - very cheap , we had a fab meal there last time we were in KS and it was only a few pounds for the 2 of us.
For a lively night try Tropical Murphys Irish pub next door to the Baan Samui.
so i take it there is plenty to do around the hotel then?

also what is the beach and sea like this time of year any ideas, and please dont think im abit sad but does the hotel have a gym, i cant find it in any brochures?

thanks you 2 ;)
Beach is lovely - hotel has own free sunbeds on the beach . Lots of hawkers on beach but not too much hassle, sorry don't think there is a gym.
I walked through the Baan Samui and it's a longish hotel with rooms each side facing each other. It's not a deluxe hotel but looks nice, friendly with a nice pool. It's often used as a 'lead in' hotel for package deals from Australia. I've seen it advertised often and that's why I wanted to check it out. I spoke to some people and asked what it was like and they were very happy with it. If your on a budget it's a terrific hotel.
At that time we were staying at the Chewang Regent and a bit pricy by my pocket and I didn't reckon much to it and I feel I didn't get what I paid for. Others rate it highly but not me.
Cheers Geri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.