Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Babies Abroad
15 Posts
I took all our baby milk last year and was glad i did as they nly seem to sell SMA. Phone milupa as they can usually tell you what their milk is called abroad.

I can't help about car seats as I always take my own.
We are taking my 7 month old granddaughter in May to Salou and was wondering how easy this will be for us. Do the shops sell all the relevant baby essentials, such as : nappies, wipes, food, nappy sacks etc or will we need to take everything with us?

We are also wondering if we will be able to obtain a stroller whilst over there. We do not currently have one and Brooke's pushchair is far too big to take with us. Should we buy one here and take it with us? I guess this is probably the best solution but just wondered what others have done.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Sue x
saw most of what your asking for in one of the larger supermarkets if yo go into the town there are plenty of other shops.. cant help with the stroller .

wizard
Wizard,

Thanks for your quick response, it was pretty much what I had expected but wanted to check.

Thanks again.

Sue x
Hi,
Pampers is called Dodot in Salou/spain, im not sure how much the nappies are but the wipes were not that expensive. Food was easy to come by most supermarkets stocked it.
As for a stroller, it may be wise to get one here if the prices are anything like the reins i had to buy a few years back, my sons had snapped and needed some more, we searched for them and finally found some chicco ones, we paid £22 for them :shock: worth about £5 back home.
I am sure that here was a topic in the Tips and advice thread about taking babies abroad, if i remember rightly it had loads of useful info.

Loulou
LouLou,

Thats great, thanks very much for finding these for me.

Sue x
We travelled with Thomsons who provided sterilisers and strollers in our hotel (was a superfamily one). Personally seeing as Strollers are so cheap, I would get one. A decent parasol on it and you'll be fine.

Most supermarkets have what you are looking for. I just took nappies with me as it meant I had room for on the journey home for the souveniers.

Lxx
Thanks for all your help. I have decided to buy a stroller but it is good to know that we will be able to buy all the rest of the items in the local shops there, we already take 4 suitcases, not sure my hubby would appreciate another one to carry he he :( :x
Only 7 weeks to go, can't wait.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sue x
Hi, Is anyone abe to tell me what the position is with baby car seats, are they required by law in Spain, or do they not bother. I am going to Callela with my daughter and her *month baby and we don't know if we have to take one for our journey to and from the airport.

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance. :?
Hi, I'm heading to Saluo in August and I am taking my 1 year old with me.
Wanted to know should I bring a travel cot with me or do most hotels have them. I heard a few reports saying that the ones they supply are death traps. Thanks for any help.

Worried!
I cant comment on all Hotels but the cots ive used abroad have all been fine, maybe the matresses on some could have been a bit better but its covered with a sheet anyway.
Dont forget if you do decide to take a travel cot, it will be counted as part of your luggage so it will leave you with less weight for other baby essentials and clothes.
I suppose its down to what you feel comfortable doing.
Why dont you try to E-mail the Hotel you are staying at and ask if the cots they use have to pass safety standards.
hi im of to sanguili in september and were taking our new arrival baby alfie with us also 2 others 10 and 14 yrs just wondering what the situation is with baby items in supermarkets do they have all the brands that we have i.e cow and gate heinz pampers ect because i dont want to load my case with lots of baby food and then find we can get it cheap enough in supermarkets and where is the nearest supermarket to sanguili because the ones on site usually tend to be a bit expensive dont they?
Hi suez

I have merged your post with an existing topic which may have some useful information.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.