Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Congratulation on baby.

I can't see any problem with using any water if it has been boiled first, after all I am sure people native to Menorca don't all use Evian for their babies! I bet most of them use boiled tap water.

Regards Jackie
Congratulations.

I can recommend a good Menorca website.

Once you register, they have a really good forum with answers to questions on everything Menorcan! There is a very good children's section and I am sure if you plow or search through the posts, your question will be answered there.

The website is: menorca-net.co.uk

Hope this helps and happy holidays :D
Many bottled waters have too high a mineral (sodium, magnesium) content to be given to babies. If you must use a bottled water try and avoid "mineral water" and if possible use one that says it is suitable for making up babies feed. Do not use water which contains more than the following concentrations Nitrate 50 mg/lNitrite 3 mg/lSodium 200 mg/lSulphate 500 mg/l

It is recommended that all water (tap or bottled) is boiled before being given to infants to ensure it is clean

I beleive that in certain countries the tap water also has a high mineral content, that is why most people use bottled water.

I hope this helps
The NHS direct website
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=1945
says to use ready made or boiled and cooled bottled water of any type.

I would suggest spring or table water but preferably not mineral water
We were in mainland Spain last summer and many of the bottled water labels have a picture of a baby on them to denote that they are suitable for feeding to infants. This applied even to cheap supermarket own brands (France is the same).
Thanks for your advice about bottled water - this has put my mind at rest. 2 weeks to go hope I have a good time and the weather is nice!
Hope you can help. Me and my partner were thinking of taking our 9 month old twins on holiday around 19/10.

Are their any places we can hire baby equipment ie pushchairs, also wanted peoples views on cala on forcat.
There is a company called holiday hires that hire out baby stuff, it's about 15 euros for a pushchair. to be honest i found it useful to have the pushchair with me when at the airport so i've never bothered with hiring, it's hard work carrying a baby round especially if you get delayed etc as you have somewhere for them to sleep.
In Uk and Menorca they let you keep your pushchair until you actually get on the aircraft so it's no hassle to have it with you really and saves you 15 euros!
Why hire pushchairs? Take your own. Like the previous poster says you can hang on to it right up untill you board the aircraft.

As for Calan Forcat, just got back from there with amongst others an 8 month old baby.
On the plus side you'll find every restaurant etc has loads of high chairs and are more than happy for you to give them baby food while you have your meal. The resort is very geard up for families with young children.
One minus point is that to get to the beach you have to go down loads of steps, not impossible but very difficult with a push chair.
we are off to cala n forcat next week but taking our 8 month old baby - can I buy SMA or equivalent easilty? it will save on luggage weight if I can buy out there. any help on taking baby with us greatly appreciated, i.e baby friendly bars and restaurants (will they heat baby food for you?)

I realise this is not most exciting thread but any advice out there????....
Hi, we visited cala n forcat last year with our 21 month old and found that you can buy everything there, there are a good variety of supermarkets and they have a good selection. Although there are many bouncy castles etc, as you have a little one there was a tiny bouncy castle with netting at Tropical Kiss. It might help! :D
Merged with similar topic.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.