Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Gemma- don't stop now! You've only just got going! You'll need to at least tell us more about the wedding!
:wave hi gemma its good to here you loved goa and you will go back again :lol: ....you are a girl who knows how to enjoy herself ...you start with a drink then with the sun and then what ever comes next ..haha
tell us more i will be looking out for more posts from you .......why did customs want money from you :?: they are a :swear laugh arent they : :shrug :shrug
Glad you had a top old time :) I know what you mean about East meets West, I had Goan prawn Curry and to be honest I had better down on the beach for a third of the price. The place itself was lovely but I found the waiters to be very pushy with special offers and cocktails which almost made me walk out at one point, needless to say no tip was left.
We went to East meets West in Feb 05 and it was fabulous. We returned again in Feb 06 and I personally think it is very over rated. Gorgeous surroundings and a nice relaxed atmosphere but the food was very average,
Why did the customs officers ask for money?
Not really sure why the custom officers asked for money. We had been warned that they might ask but it was still abit scary!!

Anyway, more about the wedding.... :kiss
It was absolutely fantastic! It was at a place called Silver Bells, near Saligao-Pretty much in the middle of nowhere!!
It had a HUGE dancefloor and all the guests had to line up on 2 sides while the bride and groom walked around with the bridesmaids, we all had to throw polystyrene balls over them-most of them were stuck to or hands though!
The bride and groom had to stand in the middle of the dancefloor afterwards to cut the cake and two lovebirds flew out of the middle!!
How did 2 birds survive in the middle of a cake??
And the best bit about the wedding...FREE BAR!! :lol: All the waiters came around with crates filled with dfferent rows of drinks, you just helped yourself.
I already mentioned the speech which lasted for ever, plus we couldn't understand what was being said so we were the only ones not laughing at the funny bits :D
It was a really good night-one of many throughout the holiday! and not many people I know can claim to have been to a wedding in India :)

Gemma x
hi towpal

are you the lady i met who asked if she could take a photo and was invited to the wedding?

lez
I'm not sure, what did I want to take a photograph of?
It might have been someone I was with we had one camera between us all :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.