Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Welcome back Jeff. So pleased you had a good holiday and look forward to your report. The flight delays sound a nightmare and you must have been tired when you got there and doubtly tired when you got home. There seem to be quite a few complaints about Thomas Cook recently so I'm quite glad I'm flying out with BA in September. :roll:
Well where to I start..!!! Because of the delays we didn't get to the hotel until 2am on the Thursday morning,so after check-in and finding our room we went for a little walk around the pool area before going back to our rooms,391 & 395, for a few hours sleep.
After breakfast and sorting out our dining arrangements for the week,2nd sitting for lunch and dinner,we had a little look around the shop and then booked up our camel trip through Fritz and the Pirate Ship trip,then went to the welcome meeting.After this we thought we would try the sea,big mistake.After finding a spot to sunbathe :sun2 we all decided to go for a dip,which didn't last for too long because the OH got stung on the back of her leg by a jellyfish,savalon sorted that out, but that put us off so we went and found somewhere in the gardens to settle down and catch some very hot sun :sun2 . We spent the rest of the day either in the lovely pool or drying off and getting our tans started in the very hot Tunisian sun :tongue .Lunch and dinner were fine ,found something to eat throughout the whole holiday,never went hungry, always chips and bread and the kids lived off pasta and pizza and the OH on salad and chips and none of us ever suffered with any stomach problems in the entire week.Our waiter Ben, was lovely ,tipped him 10td on the first and last day and on our last evening done something very special on our table which was lovely.
Went to the entertainment each evening which was fun every night ,those guys work so hard all the time,morning noon and night and all deserve medals. After the show went to the late night snack bar most nights before going to bed for some much needed rest and sleep.
This was our first ever AI holiday and it was lovely not having to pay for any drinks for us or the kids,and tea and coffee always available,and will definately do it again.
This will do for now ,I will continue later on...!!! :wave:
It sounds as if you had a great time apart from the jellyfish. :roll: I'm glad the Savlon sorted it out. I've never been stung but I'm told a local remedy is to rub the sting with raw tomato, though that is not the sort of thing you usually carry around with you. Look forward to reading the rest of your report.
Ok ,here goes with the rest of the report....!!!!! :cheers
Friday morning I got up very early to do what everyone else was doing and getting our towels down on poolside sun-loungers and cushions.Didn't bother me as I don't need much sleep :D .Basically spent all day buy the lovely clean pool sun-bathing and swimming ,only breaking off for food.
Saturday we spent the morning at the water slides ,which was great fun ,and quite a little sun-trap .After lunch we got a taxi from outside to go to Sousse for shopping,this was great fun ,managed to do some haggling and got some good bargains .
Sunday morning we all had to be up early as we had the pirate boat trip.I thought this was great but OH and two kids all suffered with sea sickness ,I'm an old sailor , as it was pitching and rolling a little bit.Didn't eat the food that was offered ,but was glad of the hour or so in PEK. What a lovely place PEK is ,wish we could have had longer there ,the shops were lovely and found a lovely little fixed price shop that was better than the one in Sousse,if we would have had more time ,and money, would have spent loads there :rofl .
Monday morning up even earlier as we had the camel ride booked through Fritz at the hotel.This was one of the highlights of the entire trip,what a fun morning,we all totally enjoyed this,especially feeding the camel.Great Day !!!!
Spent the rest of the time topping up our tans and swimming in the lovely pools.Kids did para-sailing and we all did the pedilo's.
Very sad to come home ,we all thought it was a lovely place and would definately go back,as I said we never went hungry ,never had any problems with our tummy's and have no complaints what so ever.
A holiday is what you make it and we made sure we had a great time :cheers
We are hopefully going to Egypt next year as my son has always wanted to go ,otherwise I think we would be booking a return visit straight away... :cheers
thanks for the report its good to hear about this hotel :tup

hubby and I are booked to go to the Houda golf and beach in Skanes for christmas and new year , it will be our first visit to Tunisia so no doubt near the time I will be on asking questions etc ;)

thanks again
hello, we are off to the same hotel in september and after reading so many review which we wish we hadnt :( we are having second thought.
Im not a fussy person what so ever we just wanna go for a good time. is it as bad as some of the reviews make out??
Hi ,in our opinion there is nothing to worry about with this hotel as long as you go with the mind set that its a 3 star hotel and not 4 or 5. The food is fine just don't expect a totally english menu.There is always chips ,pizza ,pasta and salads. The OH even tried the beef and I had the cold lamb ,just make sure it looks cooked.Plus you can always fill up on the wonderful desserts and melon.
The rooms do what you need them for ,to sleep and wash in,the shower's are fantastic , and are clean.
The pools are great and always clean.All in all we had a great time and would definately go back.If you have any more questions I will try to help :cheers
Thanks for the further report Jeff. I'm so pleased you enjoyed Tunisia and I have a strong feeling that you'll return there. I suppose it might be considered greedy to do both Egypt and Tunisia next year but you could think about it. :lol:
thanks for that not at all worried about rooms etc as like you said the rooms are just somewhere to sleep after a busy day. Im sure the kids will love the pool and the animation team.
can you tell me any more about the 2 seating for food and if it is as busy as others say im not going to sept so may be less busy? are the alcohol drinks watered down??

many thanks
Hi,
Can't really say about the drinks as I only had a few beers each night and they were fine,the OH had a couple of nice cocktails that she enjoyed apart from that we were on tea and coffee and of course plenty of bottled water.
The lunchtime sittings are 12.30-1.30 and 1.30-2.30,we had the second sitting for both and it suited us , more time sun-bathing and swimming.The evening times are 6.30-7.45 and 7.45-9.00. There was always plenty of hot food and salads,sometimes there was a bit of a line,but nothing too much and don't be surprised when the French and Germans take all the pizza or pasta thats left.You don't have to wait long for the food to be re-filled.Watch out for them pushing in especially the kids.
Anymore questions and I'll be glad to help if I can
Jeff :cheers
thanks thats sounds fine fingers crossed we get the first sitting what with young children. well im not going to worry now like you said it what you make it and we are going to have as much fun thats possible.
many thanks again :tup
Thats the best way to go ,do have a great time.
I have just posted some photo's on the Tunisian gallery ,its under the title Skanes on the 3rd page. :D
just looked at photos :) cant wait now looks eally good
Just put some photo's up if anyone is interested..... :cheers :tup
Lovely photos Jeff. You certainly look more comfortable on a camel than I felt. :D
A very big thank you for sharing the photos.

:tup They are lovely and I for one cant wait to go over to tunisia , but I have got ages to wait :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.