Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Only a joke though... Like the previous posts say.. If in doubt Check before you go.

Ginkster :sun2
you're not restricted on cereals etc but i honestly don't think its worth it! not unless you have fussy kids (you don't say - so just assuming!)

we took cereals and other food stuffs over to turkey our first time and ended up not using any of it! you can eat quite well out and after all you are on holiday and the last thing you want to be doing is loads of washing up lol!!!!

BUT saying that! the only thing we do take with us is tea bags!! can beat a cup of typhoo :rofl
I always take tea bags, coffee and a couple of tins of red salmon to eat on the balcony with fresh crusty bread, aaah lovely.
I took bacon, sausage & HP sauce last year for the bar where we go. Also take tea & coffee :tup
Why go on holiday and eat english food.

Turkey is a magnificent place for food.

Eat what they eat, it's fresh & cheap. Also tasty & delicious.

Do you honestly think for one moment, a Turk coming on holiday to England will be eating turkish meals.

Not likely, they will be tucking into all our favourites.

I cannot understand why most Brits eat a full english breakfast on holiday.

Ekin Legend

:sun2 :cheers :sun2
We always take frozen milk and a 2 litre bottle of water and some tea bags, as we usually arrive in the early hours of the morning so just do us all a cuppa tea, until the shops open up. :cheers

Eat what they eat, it's fresh & cheap. Also tasty & delicious

This would be possible if we all shared the same taste bud! we go on holiday to enjoy and yes we like to see the countries culture, but do enjoy a small amount of home comforts! :offtop
A few weeks ago I took some cheeses,block of butter and put it in a small cool bag in my case,when we arrived at our apartment the butter hadnt softened at all,also take coffee and sugar and dried milk,and a tin of corn beef for making sandwiches for the journey home,also have to say that I have been using their tap water to boil up for coffee for the last 6 years with no problems at all.
I totally agree with Ekin legend.

Saying that, my husband is Turkish and he doesn't like English food very much, when we go out for dinner here we usually choose to go Turkish because we both prefer it, even our two young children love Turkish food.
Hi

I actually phoned East Midlands Airport up in the week to ask this very thing. Apparently you cannot take meat or dairy products out of this country
Yes, that is right, officially you aren't allowed to take any of it. People do still take things though even though it is illegal.
I'm not too sure, I know I had a leaflet once that gave rules for taking meat/dairy in and out of the country and it said none allowed to or from Turkey, it didn't say anything about how you travel but I guess if you were just going to France the rules may be different, you are allowed to bring cheese back from France aren't you? but you are not allowed to bring it back from Turkey.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.