Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
BAGGAGE
6 Posts
lynnandjim

Please do not post in phone style text, eg any1 instead of anyone and u instead of you as per our T&C's
Rules Of Posting:
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks.

luci :wave
If you are taking 2 cases I would be safer than sorry. In the current climate I would get as near to the 20kg as you can.

:sun2 Toonman
hi lynnandjim,don't know balkans limit but direct holidays will refuse suitcases over 30kg.just take a pair of flipflops ;)
Hi, from my experience almost all holiday airlines have a Max limit of 30-32kg per case and this would be classed as "Heavy". This is due to lifting restrictions for baggage handling staff(who have to be able to safely lift each case without breaking their back!). So combining luggage allowances (eg 2 x 20kg) into one case or having a case over 30 kg is really unwise, as at check-in they could refuse to take it and you've then got to unpack, repack OR ditch some stuff. On a recent flight check-in going to Palma via T.Cook airlines, a family in front of us had to do just that, with two young kids and a MASSIVE suitcase, they had to re-pack in front of the whole check-in Q, I felt really sorry for them, but couldn't believe they thought that a case weighing 40+ kg would be ok, the husband couldn't even lift it on/off the scales! :yikes
Check your tickets for each airlines limits, but I would not want to put all our eggs in one basket anyway, we regularly split our stuff over the two cases, so theres at least some clothes etc for each of us (2). Sounds like a chore but isn't any more difficult than seperate packing, and well worth it if one case goes astray, which again happened on a Palma flight to a couple who had to wait 48 hours for the missing case to turn and be delivered.

Ray
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.