Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Bali
7 Posts
Bali is a very very pictureful place! bali star seemed nice, , but be prepared that 90 percents of people will be from russia..)) i am from russia myself but i didnt expect so many russians there...there are only 3 star hotels or appartments. the beach -very good sand and almost always sea is calm but beachs are very very overcrowded after 11 oclock
in the small port there are nice tavernas. the whole bali is not big its a nice not very noisy place may be for teenagers a bit boring. i liked it very much only that i didnt like too much people on th beach but at 12 oclock i were leaving beach and went to explore the island by car every day so i didnt stay all day in the beach and it was not a big porblem for me
good trip to u if my messege is not too late
hi all, i wonder if anyone could help me out with rough prices for sunbeds on the beaches in bali just so my auntie can budget how much extra money to take with her? or any other hidden costs she might come across she is staying at the troulis apartments. thanx in advance. lindsay.
Hi, Lordy, the sunbeds were mostly 3 euros for the day.

I got back yesterday and have to say i was very very dissappointed with bali.

The hotel bali itself was ok but no entertainment what so ever :cry:
The first few days we were there was very hot and there was flies all over the food and that was a real put off! i spoke to the waiter about it but he just shrugged his shoulders and didnt seem too bothered.

The resort itself is set on some very steep hills and older people would have a hell of a job walking around the place( only takes a fit person 15 mins to walk the complete resort)

Beaches were safe for kids to swim in and there was all sorts of water sports available at very good prices.

Eating out was also cheap and and also very good dishes were on offer.
Best place i found to eat at was on the same road as mambos bar next to the pizzaria.

My advice to anyone wanting to visit bali would be:
#1 if you have kids over 6 years of age dont visit as my kids got very bored as there was no kids clubs no kids entertainment and they even named bali "Boring bali"

#2 If you want to just laze around in the sun all day then this place is ideal as long as you are prepared to go to bed by 10 pm as most of the tavernas have approx 5 people in them, and NO entertainment anywhere.

#3 If you have walking difficulties then you will struggle walking around this place.

On the possitive side this place is very picturesque! Would i go back there?? Not even if someone paid me
xmm..strange..i like bali a lot! such landcapes and such sandy beaches and not any stone in the sea!
yes its very right that people who search discos clubs noise and such kind of entertainment will be very boored there and not healthy peoplw with serios heart deseases or who cant walk much sure would better not go there as there are hills not problem for healthy person at all.
if u lile sleep till 11 o'clock also dont go - its right. in high season u will not find a bed on the beach at this time.
for people who like nice landscapes and sansy beaches with no stones who dont like noise and discoes and bars for noisy intertaiment is is a very good place to stay. there are many people who are very satisfied, i would go there with pleasure once again. and i hope at least one A-class hotel will be built there some day.
Dont get me wrong, Romantica, Balis scenery is outstanding its just the resort itself.
There is lack of life in the place and it just wouldnt suit teenagers who would be bored to death within a few days.
I wasnt looking for a lively resort but i also wasnt looking for a resort that was just "dead".
Most places where completley empty by 10.30pm and when there was people in them you could count them on both hands.

If people are looking for a holiday were they can lay on the beach in peace then this is the place, but if you are looking for some kind of entertainment then forget it.
yes
if you are looking for entartainment ist not the right place but for me was the best evening to spend at taverna near sea....if for someone its boring sure better to choose other places...few times we went to Rethymnon by car in the evenings...for many people this place is nice and relaxing but for teenagers or very young people or people who want someone to entartain them may be bali doesnt fit
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image