Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
monaco wrote:
Today I see that that Monday 31st May flight has now been altered to 1025am outbound from Gatwick to Varna. The return flight from Varna on 14th June FB 497 leaves at 0730am now instead of 0630am so a small lay-in is somewhat beneficial. But I have had to alter my collection times at Gatwick which luckily once again aint no prob.

My Taxi driver does the airport runs as a living and is quite used to the variety of changes and is familiar with the many websites showing new flight times etc etc.

Hi Jim,

I'm not doing anything about my travel arrangements to Gatwick yet, there's too much opportunity for Bulgaria Air to make further changes before my departure date in late June.

I see, from their latest newsletter, that they are currently offering a 'promotional rate' for the resumption of their LGW-VAR flights after the winter season:
Promotional prices to from London to Varna are:

GBP 64.20 One-Way
GBP 151.00 Return

Only this week! Sale starts today and ends on 22 March 2010

- Travel Period: Departure from 29th March 2010 to 23 April 2010.
- Ticket must be issued within 24h after reservations are made.
- Airport taxes included.
- Prices apply from the UK to Bulgaria.
- A ticket issuing charge may also be applied, according to the issuer's policy.
- Available seats are limited. Some return dates may excluded from this promotion. Prices are correct as on 17th March 2010.
if youve all ready got insurance dont forget to change the dates
Monaco, Varna airport website confirms your statement, like Baldur I am sitting on the wall with ref to getting to Airport, At present its first Train 0505, but any earlier flight time, then it has to be last train 23.05. Cheers Tonyt.
Hi all, duly altered insurance dates at time of 'date' change.....lal, got your email...no , not long now.

Fully agree about being too quick to ammend taxi times etc etc but as my driver is a mate as well as a businessman he knows all to well of the pitfalls of acting too swiftly. He advised me to wait until we actually get the tickets through and double check the flight times out and back. He took note of my findings and flagged up a 'to-watch' sign. He deals with this sort of thing quite often and eased my mind.

Mind you, he also gets very angry too cos some clients dont bother to check tickets or only tell him the day before that flight times are earlier or later. He can do two, three or even four 'airport runs' a day collecting and dropping off if the times are kind. ie, Drop off early clients and collect lunch-time arrivals. Then drop off afternoon clients and collect late arrivals....

kind regards, Jim
Hi all....

Balkan Hols website now confirms outbound flight from gwk to varna departs at 1025am on Monday 31st May.

...lets all hope things stay unchanged from now till we all fly out to dear ol GS/SB etc etc.

Shame bout this 2% VAT increase malarky as per Baldurs post....boo and double boo.

regards, Jim.
Hi Jim,
monaco wrote:
Shame bout this 2% VAT increase malarky as per Baldurs post....boo and double boo.

The VAT increase is a proposal which has not yet been ratified.

Some Bulgarian economists and other interested parties are trying to pressurise the Government to reconsider - see examples here and here.

The tourism sector is also opposing the VAT increase - Novinite article

Baldur
Thomas Cook are messing around with Glasgow - Bourgas flight times.
June flight has been brought forward by over 2 hours, which is good for us. Now leaves at 20:55, its still not great but a bit better than it was.

August flight has been brought forward by 30 minutes, so its still taking off at bed time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.