Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
ignore it! I had the same for a Jaipur hotel- bad reviews just before we were due to go. They were utter rubbish. I'm sure many rival hotels put in bad reviews into many sites. Here in HT we don't accept reviews posted in the country of that hotel. That cuts down on potential problems. It is also the case that TA is used by mostly Americans and I think they often have different expectations from hotels.
I have stayed at the Marriott and it is an excellent hotel :D
We've stayed four times or is it five. The hotel will really have had to gone downhill a long way to warrant consistently bad reviews. Its a very well regarded Marriott (even by Americans - well it is an American chain). Last visited in 2006 and apart from food prices being a bit steep (by Thai standards) it was still a lovely hotel...its actually my personal favourite along with the Mandarin Oriental in KL.
oop's in my panic i rang the hotel , they were very nice and didn't charge me for cancelling

I rebooked at the shangri-la, i had my reservations about being on the other side of the river anyway.

I hope i made the right decision, oh dear :oops:

thanks so much for your responses, this is my first DIY and i was feeling the pressure :lol:

we leave this saturday eek !!
dont think about it now- I'm sure you will like the shangri la :D
thanks fionna , after doing more research today it looks perfect and i am (finally) happy

we even splashed out on the hotel pickup service, i wasn't keen on searching for the metered taxi point after a 14 hour flight , oh how lazy are we ? :lol:
oh dear, i really must calm down now , i'm very excited now its sorted !

when do you go next fionna ?
december 26th(Bangkok :D )
oh wow, not far for you either then :D

how long and which hotel did you go for ?

how many times have you been ?

tell me to mind my own if you like :lol:
we are only away for 7 days and we are going to the Landmark( for the third time :D ) I've also stayed at the Marriott of course.
oh how fab , xmas in bankok !! :D
of course, you are leaving boxing day , silly me

have you done new year there before ?
no- never been away then at all!
I'm intrigued - how much does the Shangri-La charge for airport pick-up?

P.S Behind the hotel you'll see a massive tower, Lebua hotel, which has a rooftop bar & restaurant (Sirocco) - the highest in the world I believe! Makes for a great sundowner cocktail (might need to book - sure the Shangri-La will advise). It's overpriced, but overpriced in Bangkok is like, normal price here!
it will cost £33 for a mercedes pickup dorr to door :oops: couldn't resist , i know its far more than a cab but it is a special trip.

we will get a normal cab on the way back.

when i visit a country for the first time i prefer an airport pickup, i worry about getting into trouble while jet lagged , i wouldn't cope well :lol:

thanks for the tip about the sundowner if we are in the vicinity we will pop in :D

we are big fans of sundowners its one of our favourite parts of the day !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.