Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi

To get from Barcelona Airport to Santa Sussana the airport train can be taken to Barcelona Sants station. Change platforms here onto platform 2 and you can get a direct train to Santa Sussana. If you are carrying heavy cases it can be a bit much changing platforms as you need to go up and down steps.

I would suggest getting a taxi from Barcelona airport to l'Hospitalet Llobregat rail station (15 Euros) which is a terminus where you can get a direct train to Santa Sussana (3.20 Euros single). The train here will be empty as it starts here, and you will miss bumping into all the crowds of people at Sants station and those nasty stairs.

Santa Susanna station is so handy for the town centre, dead near.

Sit on the right hand side of the train for the 1 hour 10 minute journey as the views of the Med are fantastic and worth the train ride in itself.

Enjoy
Sorry if this is a bit late but Girona airport is nearer to santa susanna than Barcelona see below. And as you say Blackpool is easier so I would book with Ryanair.
Hotel located in front of the sea, in Santa Susana, Costa del Maresme. ... Barcelona (65km) and Gerona (35km) airport.
I will check out the train situation but I remember when we where staying in Pineda we got a train for a day out in Barcelona and it stopped at Santa Susana and it was dead easy. Will get back to you with some deatils shortly. Karen
hi both and thankyou for your input

i think we fancied a day in barcalona but we're only in spain for 4 nights so whether we'll get round to it remains to be seen! good to know the train station is so close to the hotel. never booked a holiday where i've organised my own flights before and neither has my friend so it's an adventure but then again i'd rather do some research first than end up scared and stressed on the wrong train!

it's not late karen by the way, we're not going until september
i think the ryanair flight gets us to spain early evening.
thanks again :)
Here is a link for Girona airport which tells you how to get to lots of different places including santa susanna. http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com/girona-airport.html Karen
oh thats great karen thanks for that

just been looking at the transfers part of the site and looks like theres a shuttle bus as well as the train or taxis so i'll look into that too :)
just to update this, we've booked our holiday tonight (woohoo!) and have decided to fly to barcalona with easyjet instead. a few reasons really - 1stly the time of the flights, the ryanair one got us into spain at 4.35 pm which would mean by the time we'd got to the hotel etc it'd be getting late. 2ndly my uncle has travelled on the train from barcalona airport to santa susanna and assures me it's a lot easier... and 3rdly liverpool i'm told my my dad is actually nearer than blackpool!

so now it's from barcalona to santa susanna, and we're flying on a sunday, meaning we get into the airport if all goes to plan at about 10.35 am. hoping that sunday doesnt present any major public transport problems in spain like it does in britain!
Hi,

Sure you will be OK from Barcelona.

Don't forget to change trains at Barcelona Sants, where services to Santa Sussana go from Platform 2. The train from the Airport is Line C1 and runs every half hour. Turn right outside of terminal A and you will see an escalator about 100 yards away that takes you to a travelling walkway onto the Airport station

From Barcelona Sants to Santa Sussana it is Line C10 and runs a bit more regularly than half an hour. Trains are marked destination Blanes or Macanet from Barcelona Sants. If it is marked Calella it doesn't go as far as Santa Sussana but these trains are rare.

Travelled on this route twice last week and it's a super journey. Sit on the right going to Santa Sussana, then you see the Med views all the way practically.

Shouldn't be any problems on Sunday specifically but trains run slow from the Airport to Sants station because of the engineering works.

Every journey we made last week a different musisian got on at some point and sang or played an instrument, then went around with his/her hat!

Glad you got booked up OK.

Allan
Lynzmk...would love to hear about your experience from Barcelona airport. We've only flown into Girona, then got a private car to our resort(Calella and Pineda).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.