Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
fuerteventura@barcelo.com
Am thinking of staying at the Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel in Fuerteventura in Feb - for a girlie week.

Would appreciate any comments - never been to this Island before.
Anyone wishing to post a review may do so HERE.

Pippy :D
hi folks, booked one week at the above from 4 June - has anyone been there recently that can advice on:

1. cost of taxi from airport
2. cost of sunbeds etc on beach
3. are there any blocks or floors to ask for (or more importantly avoid) - we have a double sea-view)
4. to meet evening return flight, we have already about extending our room until 1800h on the departure day for €24 but they say we must ask during the week - has anyone experience of this (as from past experience this generally means 'no')
hi...last stayed at the hotel may 2010, returning for 6th time in august 2011 :) taxi was approx 13euros, think sunbeds approx 18euros 2 beds and umbrella (never used them on beach as remember thinking they were expensive), late checkout has been possible as long as hotel not fully booked, block one nearest to the town bars, restaurant/reception etc, block two overlooking pools/play area, block three overlooking pools but furthest from reception/restaurant etc...but prob quietest block...have a look on google earth maps :)
Hi.

We are staying at this hotel end of July and wanted to know how strict the restaurant is about men wearing long trousers in the evening. Are all men seen to be wearing long trousers for evening meal or are smart shorts or 3/4 trousers acceptable?

Does the restaurant have theme nights, eg. chinese, italian, or is it much of the same thing every night?

Any info would be great, thanks.

:)
Hi there, spent a week there 4-11 June; very strictly long trousers though for dinner - few tried three quarter length and were turned away - don't worry though the food is excellect - as big a variety as you could wish for but no obvious themes (when we were there) as such. The hotel is as good as any we have stayed at and have spent 1-2 holidays abroad for the past 25 years, mostly in 4 star hotels and above. Enjoy!
This is a well run clean and pleasant hotel, there are many sunbeds to choose from free so there isn't really a need for paying over the top using those on the beach, as the previous review on this hotel is 18 months old an update about food is necessary, I have made 6 holiday trips at various locations in the last 18 months, I find everywhere the standard of food has slipped a little, Thalasso is no different, don't expect a gourmet meal and you won't be disappointed, above basic yes but rarely hot, it was only after I returned that I thought, I wonder if they had a microwave, weather permitting I fly out on Friday for a return trip alone, I wouldn't be doing that if I didn't get value for money, the recession has seen a slight lowering of standards everywhere, here less than most.

I always go half board and spend time out and about, there is a good bar but all inclusive I think a bit steep price wise, the beer/lager selection is limited and almost next door the bars show all the Sky Sports many may enjoy whilst their teams are playing, maybe part of this is down to me being a Guinness drinker who enjoys toning it down a bit with Magners, bitter and an odd lager whilst on holiday.

Whilst I was there in October there was a dog in the shopping precinct nearby who went around picking up litter and placing it in the rubbish bins, if an item didn't go in straight away he it kept at it until it was securely in the bin, fascinating. All for a treat from it's owner.
I know someone who stayed there (if my memory is still correct) and am pretty sure they had a good time without any complaints about the hotel. But I think that was about 2 years ago - so I am not sure what it's like at the moment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.