Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Barcelona
10 Posts
two popular places ae Lloret del mar to the north and Salou to the south

salou resort reports

Lloret resort reports

wizard
there are a lot of smallish towns on the way up there,,,,,,,all on the one train line,, mataro,,, callella pineda santa susanna, depends howm big you want
would not recommend lloret if you are flying to barcelona, as train only goes as far as blanes and then you would have to get a bus. too much hassle on top of everything else.
i would think salou probably has enough to keep a 10 year old amused, or i would pick calella if you go northwards.
Nice resorts nearer to Barcelona and within 40 minutes train ride are Castelldefels, Sitges and Vilanova i la Geltru.
I am doing a taxi not a train, dont do trains. So salou is how far from the airport?
its about 65 mile
did it last year to Cambrils ,you must be looking at least 70 euro in a taxi
the train aint really like wot we would think of as a normal "train". its more like a bus, on rails, and its electric too, so dead quiet,,,,, air cond and operatic piped music. every stop is mentioned a couple of times, its really hassle free,,,,,,and dirt cheap!!! from santa susanna and an hours tirp to barcelona it was 6 euros each return,,,,,,,,,, get that in GB!
oh god 65 miles is too far. I think I need to look at another airport :(
If you are looking at Salou and the areas south of Tarragona, you're probably better flying into Reus airport and getting the bus to the resorts from there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.