Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
BARCELONA
16 Posts
Barcelona has its own airport (BCN) There are taxis or buses available from airport. Depends on how many are going as taxi maight be a cheap if there are say more than 2. Here's a link to the airport which includes a transport bit and tells you the options and how much they cost. Karen
http://www.barcelona-airport.com/
Does Barcelona have two airports thoe or am I totally wrong?
No only 1. Are you looking at the ryanair site by any chance. They fly to Reus and Girona which are not actually Barcelona and are both about 50 miles away so takes well over an hour to get to Barcelona. There website is very confusing for people who do not know, and although they say Barcelona that is not where they go. thats why now they put Reus or Girona in brackets. Karen
Where can you fly from and I will check things out if you give me dates. Karen
Thats exactly what site I was looking at!

Thank you for that :lol:
Flying from Stanstead 7th Oct (early morn if poss) coming back 9th Oct (late as poss) wasnt sure of Ryanair or Easy jet was best
I will just check some sites now. Easyjet I would say are better as they allow you 20kgs luggage free. With ryanair you are only allowed 15kgs and have to pay £5 each way online or £10 at airport. Will get back to you shortly. Karen
Just off out now so dont think im rude if i dont reply for a few hours....I really appreciate this, thanks. :lol:
Easyjet
London Stansted (STN)- Barcelona (BCN)
Out: Sunday, October 07, 2007 at 07:20 (Arrive 10:40)
In: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 at 21:55 (Arrive 23:15)
Return price (inc. estimated tax) £45.98 if you remove speedy boarding which is not necessary)
We were in Barcelona last year before our cruise and we got the bus from the airport. It was so easy to use and it is not something I usually do.
where are you staying angela?
We loved Barcelona- what a fabulous place :D
we are flying to Girona ,but staying in Barcelona

dont mind the hour travelling time as its just myself and hubby :)
would like to know the best / easiest / cheapest way of doing so !

TIA
:)
Ryanair have scheduled airport-Barcelona central buses which are timed around their flights. this is 20 Euro return, it takes an hour and 20 mins roughly. You should also have a look at clickair for flights.
If there is not much difference in price between easyjet/ryanair i would definitely go with easyjet. flying into Barcelona El Prat (Barcelona's airport) is a much quicker and cheaper commute than flying to one of ryanairs typically "nowehere" airports. also take into mind that each payment page you pass with ryanair they add on more charges (each bag, card payment etc.) until it could cost the same. add it up and include your bus fare from girona airport for you both in comparison to easyjet or clickair or whatever.
For the info on airport transfers that you need, look on the way2stay website on the public tranport section (scroll to the bottom for the aiport info). Way2stay are also reputable for apartments.
Enjoy Barcelona it's great
hi,
not posted for a while :(
We stayed in the Ramblas area after our cruise this year . I booked the appartment on the internet and it looked ok there. All i can say is try to get as much info on appartments as you can before you make a definite booking as i was tatally deflated by what the place actually looked like. Talk about airbrushed!!!!
Anyway if anyone would like to check that they are not thinking of the same one please pm me ok
annj
Ryanair have scheduled airport-Barcelona central buses which are timed around their flights. this is 20 Euro return, it takes an hour and 20 mins roughly. You should also have a look at clickair for flights.
If there is not much difference in price between easyjet/ryanair i would definitely go with easyjet. flying into Barcelona El Prat (Barcelona's airport) is a much quicker and cheaper commute than flying to one of ryanairs typically "nowehere" airports. also take into mind that each payment page you pass with ryanair they add on more charges (each bag, card payment etc.) until it could cost the same. add it up and include your bus fare from girona airport for you both in comparison to easyjet or clickair or whatever.
For the info on airport transfers that you need, look on the way2stay website on the public tranport section (scroll to the bottom for the aiport info). Way2stay are also reputable for apartments.
Enjoy Barcelona it's great

thanks for your reply,i forgot i posted :oops: lol

we are paying a grand total of 4p 2 adult return ! with Ryanair.
and we only take handluggage :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.