Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
You certainly can get some good bargains but be prepared to haggle for them. The markets are the cheapest but if you want better quality goods then go into the shops. Be aware though that most things you buy are fake, you wont get a bargain on an original. I have loads of clothes, bags etc form Turkey though and they have all lasted me ages. Prices depends on what you want and they vary from resort to resort, I haven't stayed in Marmaris.
in icmeler last year in weekly market i was getting 7 shirts for a tenner about same quality as cheap supermarket make back home or 4 for tenner for abit better quality, jeans 3 pairs for 20 pound cheap handbags in market 4 for tenner. marmaris market is on thursdays same market
just remember they have clamped down on baggage at airport so make sure you have plenty of room and weight left as i think they are charging around 7-8 pound a kg
:duh
I got some Puma fakes for £18 everyone at home wants to know were i got them from.

Can get some loverly bags that look like the real thing in the shops, market ones dont look that good, shop around before buying as you can be sure you will find a better bargain around the corner, haggle, never pay the asking price just walk away they will come up with better offer (usually)
Some of the handbags are fantastic - I know 'cos I've got cupboards full of them - Miu Miu, Chloe, Fendi, etc, etc (all GENUINE fakes of course)!! Check out the quality as it can vary. Shoes are lovely too. Again, quality of the clothes vary so just have a look before buying - and don't forget to haggle.

If you're taking extra money with you and fancy treating yourself, look at the gold - it's generally 14 carat and is really good value. The silver is good quality too and they have some unusual stuff on offer.
G-star jeans turkey £20 Uk £120 .I would defy the ordinary guy in the street to tell the difference .Been buying stuff in Turkey for 15 years now and never been dissapointed with what i bought .Real good bargains in jewellery .

Bluepeterno1
wow thats great thanks! i will deffinatley take some extra cash! cant wait! thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.