Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Bars N clubs
5 Posts
i'd head over to the Kasbah, where theres millions (not literally) of clubs..... head into the hippodrome, zig-zag, seven and chinawhite.
Chic is great if you want to keep going after 4am, when all the other clubs shut.
I think it's open until about 6ish although don't quote me on that!

When in the summer are you going, and where abouts are you staying. if you're going between june and september, i'm sure i'll see you about!

Hope this helps!!!
Kate xx
Hiya,

Kasbah is a good place to be heading although what u will find is that the drinks can be a bit expensive in some of the places, esp chinawhites, maskos and cream. The Irish Centre is also a good place to head, and u will find it can be a bit cheaper than Kasbah. The Yumbo centre is good for a laugh(and if u wanna see a good drag show) but very expensive. Also u have bars on the beach front including Linekers Beach Bar that could be worth a visit.
Clubwise, if u wanna go to more reasonably priced places, Fiddlers in the irish centre and The Point seem to attract alot of people.
What time of the year are you going and which Tour Company are you travelling with? If you're on a package deal with mytravel, thomas cook,first choice or thomson it might be worth ur while booking stuff with ur rep. I know alot of people think they're a rip off, but they can be value for money. Things like the booze cruise, school disco,foam party etc that include free bar can actually save u money.
If you want anymore help just let me know.
For anyone else looking through old posts, as this is a common topic.

Really does depend on how hard you like to party, how often you will be going out, how much you drink and what you like to eat :D to have a really great two weeks eating nice food every day and having fantastic nights out, along with daytime activities I'd be taking £350 per week in spending money.

Whenever you go in a big group remember to negotiate discounts with the bars and clubs. Recommend going to the Kasbah (' The Pit') for this as there are so many bars close together competition is strong and they will want you in there. Expect to receive atleast buy one get one free drinks and usually free bottles of Schnapps :cheers
Go to the YUMBO CENTRE, it is a great laugh to start your night off. Not too sure about cheap bars with the EURO, but most bars do a happy hour - BOGOF :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.