Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
UKweather.com shows a low of 53 degrees Tuesday night. Take no notice of the Beeb it's going to be glorious. Guess who else is going on Tuesday.
:lol: 8) :lol: I would loike to know some decent bars as well as its our first time in Salou
Hi,

Danny Boys is a good bar - its near the fountain on the seafront in between 007 bar & Bus Stop International bar.

For food go to Guiness Tavern or Danny Boys both excellent but give the Robin Hood a miss for food (its a good bar if you like karaoke).

Raffertys Irish bar was quite good as well, had a good laugh.

I've never been but hear a lot of people recommend Charlie Chaplins as well.

Have a good time.
thanks, Mark - will make sure I check them out
Just back on Sunday after a wee break for a few days with the boss and no kids, pure heaven. Weather was excellent mid twenties all sunshine still was able to wear short sleeves in the evening. Danny boys is good for atmosphere and a bite to eat and is kept very clean . Took the day trip to Barcelona Nou Camp and the fountains 50 euro for two was well worth it. Enjoy it beats the miserable weather here
Richie you were right. Only one day of proper sunshine, plenty of rain and grey and miserable most of the week. Very disappointing.
Anyone know what the beer and admission prices are like in Salou. I'll be out there this weekend with a few friends and we are unsure how much money to change before going? Also are there any good places to exchange in Salou if we need any more (if they will be open in November? :lol: :lol: :lol:
when we were there a few weeks ago we were paying 2.50euros, which is about £1.75 for a pint - though often or not it was the local stuff Mahou - which it pretty weak - I'm a Stella boy. You can find imported beers and they are more expensive.

As for changing money - I'd take you debit card and use the cashpoints out there. they were all fine and plenty of. loads at Port Aventura as well if you need cash if you go up there.

hope you have a great time.
Richie,

Thanks for the info. How much were the strong Spanish beers - such as Estrella Damm ? You can't beat Stella, but the bars in Spain rip you off on imported beers, so I tend to stick to local stuff.
We used cash machine in the street, no probs.Local beers cheap.
bluetoff,

How busy was it out there? Any good bars you can recommend??
Estrella wasnt too bad around 3euros as was San Miguel - though San Miguel is only 4.5% out there, brewed more strongly over here at 5%.

Beer was cheap as chips in the supermarkets, so you can get in the swing of it before you go out. And try Estrella Limon - its a bit like lager and lime, except lager and lemon and its really nice. I thought it would be a bit girly but it really wasn't and around 60cents a can.
Good bars, Danny Boys i think was the best of the bunch with food if you need it and big screen and lots of telly screens. Couple of nice bars on the front looking over the sea/prom. But it was quiet. In the afternoon walking down the street yuo would only see acouple of people walking around and the odd car. But nice and relaxing. I am going back in december for a couple of days.
Where are the best places to go in Salou on a night?

I've been to salou twice and each time i found Danny Boy's a great night out.
:wave hi any one know of any good family pubs and restuarants in salou?? kids are 13 and 8
Yup I`d go along with that but I have heard thought the grapevine that it has changed hands since last year. Rob the previous owner and well known Elvis impersonator has "left the building". Wether this has meant many changes I am not too sure but I am going on Saturday 10th June for 2 eeks so I will report back on my findings.
Hi oxton spa , we were there 2 wks ago and Rob was still there.Unless it's changed hands since then? Going back in 3 wks and looking forward to going to Danny Boys again. :)
I was told that Rob no longer owns Danny Boy having sold up during the Winter but still performances his Elvis act there on a Wednesday night. I go on Saturday, just in time for Englands first World Cup game for 2 whole weeks and can`t wait to get back there
Youir probably right because we were there on a wednesday night for the elvis show and he was there so don't know about any other night.We go back on july 1 and can't wait.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.