Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
THe bay can be rough at any time of year allthough more storms in the winter.

The bay is part of the continental shelf with shallow waters so the atlantic swell grows as it enters the bay.

PLan for the rough and hope you get lucky

Some have had one each way the rough with the smooth.
My friend went on the Boudecia from Liverpool in December and spent 3 days in her cabin because the sea was so rough.
It wasnt so bad on the way back but she said she would NEVER go from the UK on a Canary cruise again.
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

Uklady55
Kath ex HT Admin did a Canary cruise and it was rough round the bay (think it was Feb time last year?) Anyway, she said there was 30ft waves (I felt ill and wasn't on the ship!) The Captain told them to put away all 'moveable' objects :(
We went through the Bay in September in a Force 8 gale. The porthole resembled a washing machine. However we weren't seasick after taking Stugeron.

However that was on the Marco Polo which was a small ship and had an ice-breaking hull so was built to withstand rough weather.

Another area of concern on a Canaries cruise is the crossing from Lanzarote to Morocco. It's not particularly rough, but there is a definite roll which can be just as bad for seasickness.

luci :wave
Thanks again for all the replies. At least i can make a more informed choice now and I'm thinking that the canaries is looking like a no,no by sea. If I got there without any problems I'd still be worrying all holiday about having to getting back!! :roll: IF we fly/cruise - Madeira to Morocco is on the itinerary, is this as tricky as getting from Lanzarote to Morocco?
I think we did Madeira to Morocco once, but can't remember what the crossing was like.

I mentioned the crossing from Lanzarote, but it isn't really anything to worry about, certainly nothing that Stugeron wouldn't sort.

luci :wave
Thanks -canaries fly/cruise it is then. Now to sort deck and cabin........booking holidays is hard work!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.