Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
To go B&B or AI very much depends on what type of holiday you are looking for and your budget as AI and B&B hotels often attract holiday makers looking for different things. If your priority is price the AI hotels are usually the cheapest option by far as the B&B hotels are usually (though not always) of a higher standard and charge extortionate prices for food and drinks. AI hotels are generally livelier than B&Bs too. Regarding hotels where you can upgrade from B&B to AI I have sometimes read that those on AI tend to be treated less favourably than those who have not 'upgraded' - again this is something to bear in mind if that would irritate you! I have stayed B&B, HB and AI in Egypt and prefer B&B or HB but thats just a personal preference, many people on this forum have favourite AI hotels that they revisit frequently.

If you find a hotel you are interested be sure to check out the reviews and the comments on the forum to see if the hotel suits what you are looking for.
Regards Caro
Hi Brian

sharm is a huge coastline with the centre being Naama bay where you will find the shops, bars , restaurants and Nightlife . Most of the B&B/HB will be here but the location of being in naama bay comes at a higher price making the vast array of A/I hotels along the coast better value for money .

You need to think of sharm as a few miles of coastline with the beautiful Red sea on one side and desert on the other . Most of the a/Is will have everything you need facilities wise to chill for a week or 2 and enjoy the red Sea but there is little outside of the gates with the exception of some of the newer areas like Narq bay end where they have added a few shops and bars. If you want to go into naama bay most of these hotels provide a courtesy bus or taxis are cheap and usually within 15-20 minutes drive .

The other choice would be to get B&B/HB in NB where you can eat out. Whilst not as cheap as it once was prices for food I believe are still reasonable but drinks are becoming expensive .

The reality is though that you can pay as much for a B&B/HB as you would for a decent A/I along the coast but some people understandably dont like to feel confined .

hope that helps a little

lyn
we are in Sharm NOW!!! we are AI at the Aqua Park Hadaba (sp) worth every penny AND thinking of coming here in March

Edit

We ARE returning in March to the same hotel
looking at prices AI seems much better value and its now looking at different hotels
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.