Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi. We went last year and stayed in the Aqua Vista. You can go to the albatros over the road, aqua blu and aqua vista and use the pools, drinks and food etc but you have to take your main meal in your hotel. The Beach Albatros is lovely and in my opinion the best hotel of the group. We have booked to go there this year - In August as well as it goes.
Hi, we stayed at the Beach albatros Dec 08 and as far as i know we had to pay £15 each to go into the aqua park(did not do it by the way }, as mentioned the aqua guest's are allowed to use the beach at the Albatros and have a restaunt on the left side of the beach as you exit the lift.

We are back to the Albatros in July and if i can find out anything that may help i will let you know.

Ian.
Just been looking at this hotel on the First Choice web site, is the Beach Albatros and the Albatros Palace the same hotel? We are looking to go in January 2010 and the price seems quite reasonable.
Also, which hotel is the best?
Thanks Jane
Hi Jane, the B/Albatross and the A/Palace are two different hotels, as above we stayed at the Beach Albatross last xmas and had a great time, granted the rooms could do with a bit of a update but everything else ok.

Room was cleaned with clean towels supplied every day. The gardens were kept immaculate and the beach was good to,food was nice and the staff are brilliant.

We have booked a fortnight in July and a month in November/December to return to the albatross as we had such a great time. Hope this helps.
Regards.
Ian.
Thank you for your quick reply Ian. It must be a really good hotel if you're going back twice :D

Which of the hotels is closest to the beach? As I've just looked again on the web site, and it looks like it is the Albatos Palace, but given the name, I thought it would have been the Beach Albatros? :think

Is the Beach Albatros/Beach Albatros Garden the same hotel, as I'm a bit confused.

Also, can you use the all other hotel's facilities and are beach/pool towels provided?

Thanks Jane
Hi Jane your welcome.

The B/ Albatross is in Hadaba and the A/ palace is over in Hurghada which is nearer to Luxor.

The B/A has its own private beach which you get to by using a lift or some stairs { we used the lift as to lazy lol }
the Aqua blue {5 minuite walk away } guests are allowed to use the beach to and have there own bar on the beach but
if you want to use the Aqua blues park you have to pay £15 each a day.

As for the towels yes they are provided, you get a card when you sign into the hotel and just go and get one when wanted.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Ian.
Hi Jane. Think you might have had the same problem as me- when you look at the beach albatros resort, it shows it sister hotels in the pictures. The beach albatros garden is directly behind the beach albatros and has just this month changed its name- it was the albatros resort(if you want to read reviews you are best using there old name). I am going for the 1st time this September-so i hope its nice!!!
stacey
Thanks Ian.
Which one are you going to Stacey? I really don't know which one to choose, the Beach Albatros Gardens, or the Albatros Palace , they both look lovely. The price for the A/Gardens is about £63 pppw cheaper than the A/Palace, with First Choice.

As we are going in January, I suppose the one with a heated pool would be better (if either one has one!!), as we were in Sharm this year, and the water in the unheated pools were freezing!!!

How many hotels are in the Beach Albatros Resort area and can you move freely amoungst them for using the pools (apart from the slides), snack bars and resturants and other facilities?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't want to book the wrong hotel :(
Jane
Hi jane. Im going the beach albatros garden. im not sure about the indoor swimming pool but i think the sister hotel might have one you can use. go on the pickalbatros website-this has all the info.Think you can use all the pools and drink at all the hotels you just have to eat in your main restaurant. I booked mine through hays travel and we got a bargain-me, my partner and toddler(she'll be 18 months) are going for two weeks in september, AI for just over £1200. that was transfers aswel. just depends how much money you want to spend. The albatros palace does look very nice so if money is not a problem. Im personally going beach albatros garden because it looks good for kids(with the pool and slides)...let me know what you decide. :D
Hi there. There are 5 hotels in total in this particular area, I went to the aqua vista last year which was a lovely hotel but this year we are going the the beach albatros, or whatever it has now changed its name too. I would recommend either the beach albatross or the albatross palace whoch looked amazing when it was being built. You can move freely and take snacks and drinks at other hotels but you must take the main meal at your own hotel. The beach albatros had the best range for snacks at the beach hut and we spent most of our time here and thats why we have choosen this hotel.

As for heated pools there is a heated outside pool at the beach albatross i believe but it is only a small pool. It also has an inside pool which you can use, but personally we spent most of our time in the sea. The pools are cold but after a few moments it makes a nice change from the intense heat of egypt.

We are going at the end of august/beginning of september if anyone is going then. Hope it helps
I was just wondering if anyone who has previously stopped in the albatros resort/beach albatros (pickalbatros group) know if there is a hair dryer in the room. Certain websites say there is 1 and others do not. want to save on weight but dont want to get there and not have 1. thanks
We had a hair dryer in the aqua vista so would assume they are all the same, however it was not the best hairdryer in the world, in fact 5 minutes in the sun dried my hair quicker than 5 minutes under the hairdryer!
Hi, we stayed at the Beach albatros ( Maya Bay ) and there was a hairdryer in the room but as mrsgosling has said it wasnt
that good and 5 minutes in the sun it was dry anyway.
Regards.
Ian.
We have booked now to go to the Albatros Palace, just hope we've chosen the right hotel :que

I look forward to hearing your reviews on the resort after your holidays - enjoy :cheers

Thanks Jane
Thank you for the hair dryer info.

Iv just been looking on google maps at the albatros hotels and it shows 3 grouped together. Can anyone tel me which ones these are? i think its the beach albatros at the front, the beach albatros garden directly behind, then is it the aqua vista next to that? im not sure because they all seem to have similar names.
where is albatros palace?

when are you going jane?
The google map is not very up to date. Basically there are 5 hotels. The albatros, the aqua blu and the aqua vista are on one side of the road, and then you cross over and you have the beach albatros and the albatros palace next to it.

If you book any hotel apart from the albatros palace you can use the facilities of the other hotels, but you must take your main meal at the hotel that you are booked at. From memory the albatros has the big slides, the aqua blu has the wave machine, the aqua vista has a health spa, the beach albatros has an indoor pool and obviously the beach.

The albatros palace was just being built when I was there so I dont know what you can and cant do with that hotel.

Sorry but hope that clarifies things for you.
Stace, if you have google earth to find the Beach Albatross (two ss ) type in Hadaba this is where the albatross and the aqua blue are ( Maya Bay }. The aqua park was not there when this picture was taken but if you look down and to the right of the albatross there is a bit clear plot of land and this is now the aqua park. The Beach Albatross {two ss) does not have a indoor pool or slides.

Then type in Hurghada and look down the coast to where the sand bar is and this is where the Beach Albatros ( one s )
is the one with a indoor pool.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Ian.
Thanks Ian, but im still a liitle confused. I have booked the albatros resort (1 s),thats how it is spelt on my cofirmation letter-so which hotel is this? Sorry to be a pain
No problems Stace, if you look at the picture of Hurghada on google earth the Beach Albatros (1 s ) is closest to the beach, your hotel The albatros resort is directly behind it and above your hotel is the albatros aqua blue.
Regards.
Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.