Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Beach Fishing
4 Posts
The Cypriots fish from the coast. Not the beaches but the harbour or off the rocks. Have seen them get some small stuff. Deep sea fishing trips are available, Tuna season starts now for a month or so, and after that you are back to the tiddlers again!
If you try to fish off the beach area in Pernera you will find the rocky sea floor tends to snag your line !! My brother bought some gear when he was there and this is what happened to him ! :rofl Spent about 1 minute fishing and another hour trying to get his new hooks and weights back ! :rofl

Steve
Hi,

I've spent many an afternoon snorkelling in the bay in front of the Anastasia in Pernera. Most of the fish there are quite small with the larger ones near the bottom. I think the previous response is spot on and you'll lose a lot of tackle going after the bigger fish. I'd suggest signing up for a fishing trip on one of the local boats!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.