France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
beach holiday
8 Posts
Don't forget that all Parisiens head for the beaches from 14 July!!

Have you considered the Vendee region near La Rochelle or Arcachon on the west coast? Lovely beaches and often baking weather!
If you are fly driving the Riviera is a good option..great beaches, restaurants etc.. close to Provence and Italy so you can take a lot in. If you are taking the ferry head for the Vendee as they have a micro climate there ..scenery not as spectacular as other parts of France but beaches great! Saint Gilles Croix de Vie is nice...St.Jean de Monts well known resort too!
thanks for your help all i will have a look around at the places you have suggested. La Rochelle i have looked at and am quite taken by it.
We want to fly drive do you think Bordeaux would be the best airport for the suggested places?
Also ( sad as the question is) will we get by without speaking a word of french?!
you can fly to la rochelle as it is a long drive from bordeaux, most french people will make the effort if you can at least say hello, please, and thankyou, just take a phrasebook with you.
Thanks how long would it take to get there from Bordeaux as flights seem quite expensive to La rochelle direct? - especially from the north west
Thanks
dont really know over 3 hours i reccon...if its too expensive try to fly to try poitiers or limoges...only a couple of hours away i think...la rochelle is one of the nicest resorts I have visited with fantastic shops and restaurants, but it will be packed in july and it isnt cheap. But well worth a visit.
Hi!

Nantes is only a 2hr drive away and Ryanair now fly there..not too sure from which airports though..Il de Re which is connected to La Rochelle by a bridge would be great for kids..great beaches! 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.