Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi elephant, been a few years since we stayed at Palolem but the place we stayed and I still read about is Cuba Bar. http://cubagoa.com/page.php?page_id=1
Not overly busy but I guess times may change, but November should be steady (sure they are up and running by then ?)
Huts on stilts we had, clean with decent bedding, a communal shower room and toilet within a few yards. Food at the bar was fine, and prices were decent, they had a safe on the premises for valuables but didn't feel the need to use it.
I think quite a few people just turn up and walk the beach these days to choose what's on offer, I know quite a few places are better quality with private bathroom, so unless you get a better suggestion that could be your answer.
Hmmm we stayed in a bungalow next door to Cierans. It was JUST behind stilted beach huts and we used Cuba Bar each night. If you come in along the road you can get into it by going behind Brown Bread.

It's a bungalow which the owner lives in one end - and depending on how many the rest is made up of rooms but with locks on both sides (so if 'family room' needed I suppose he unlocks a door to provide an extra room). Have stayed there a couple of times and feel perfectly safe. He has bars at the window and tells you not to leave anything within 'reaching' distance if you go out and leave windows open. There is a kitchen sink (no fridge) but your own toilet and wc albeit cold water but you only have to ask and they'll give you bucket of hot water. He also has another block which is more 'back packers'. If interested let me know and I'll look out his phone number.
thank you Betty
i will look around a bit more and if needed i will pm you. thanks again!
elephant
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.