Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, i went to Marmaris a few years ago. It was the first time for us also, and we didnt really rate the beach. IMO there are better beaches in Marmaris, which is why we are researching other areas of Turkey for this summer.

I have heard Marmaris being refered to as Blackpool prominade, but i am sure others will disagree.
I am not too sure if the beach was pebbled :que , as it was years ago.

If you have found a decent deal then id say go for it. The beach isnt too bad, but you can find better beaches in other resorts.

Nicola
thanks for that info nicola id love to go to olu deniz but a family of 5 is tooooo dear :(
The beach is shingly in Marmaris, but Icmeler is only a 10 minute ride on the dolmus which has a better beach. If the holiday is within your price range you could always spend some days in Icmeler. Saying that, there always seems to be plenty of families with children on the beach in Marmaris.
thats great turkeyconvert thanks fr that :)
No problem, hope you find what you are looking for.
just a warning last year we found the fish nip in the sea around this area, it doesnt really hurt but not a nice feeling, my 8 yr old got to the stage were she was scared to go in the sea and a few kids were screaming and running out. the beaches in marmaris area arent that great, much nicer beaches around olu deniz were the blue lagoon is and thats perfect for kids, warm and calm with no steep drops into the sea. also were we go the beaches are fab but its mainly a diy holiday but scenery to die for, good luck
As you are a family of 5 I would recommend Icmeler as there are lots of lovely apartments in the resort and the old village.
The restaurants here are excellent and a lot cheaper than other resorts in Turkey.
If you look on the thread Monies(15th January) you will see what it cost us last October to eat out.
The beach here is wide and has shingle but at each end of the bay there is more sand.The water is very shallow so ideal for children.
If the beach is your priority, have you looked at Akyaka? The beach there is perfect for children, hard packed sand good for sand castles, and the sea is warm and very shallow for a long way out. I think Anatolian Sky still go there, but believe they are probably quite pricey.
I think Ellie_Meg was referring to it in her earlier post, because you probably would have to do a DIY holiday to get a cheaper holiday, if you would consider that?
Good luck and have a great time wherever you choose
I had to wear jelly shoes in the sea at marmaris because I hate shingles and stones on my feet!

The beach is really thin aswell so there wont be much room for the kids to play. Im not a beach fan
and we only went once as the other half loves the beach and he wasn't that impressed with it. We
stayed at the pool, which had a slide so all was not lost ! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.