Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
In the North, Morjim,/ Ashvam [sorry sp may be wrong] the waves are pretty gentle, and the beaches are nice and quiet.
Lin is right, yet again :lol:
The waves further north are far calmer than the likes on baga,calangute,candolim.

I always go up north, to ashwem,manderin (sp) etc, at least 3 times in our 2 weeks holiday, so my little boy can play in the sea, but only with me.

Its also really good there because later on in the day, around 3-4pm, theres little water pools which are like a warm bath. We can just sit in them and play for a long time.
In the North, Morjim,/ Ashvam [sorry sp may be wrong] the waves are pretty gentle, and the beaches are nice and quiet.

I would be careful at Morjim with it being close to the Estuary, my friend who is a fit strong 27 year old had to be pulled out of the sea after getting caught in a bad under current as did a lad from the same hotel on the same day, ask local advice before venturing in :?:
Coco beach is the calmest beach ive been to and its not too far away from Candolim.
Agree that Coco is very calm but it can also be a bit dirty at times and you have to watch out for the boats ! Calmest and nicest we ever went to was Agonda in the south but that might have just been a good day. Saying that we were ushered out of the sea by a group of fishermen who then proceeded to throw dynamite in to stun the fish so they could catch them. Not sure which is worse....undercurrent or nearly being blown to Kingdom come :shock:
we also found agonda the best place for swimming to the left where the rocks are is a little bay that allways seems to be calm
That's the place. Near to a strange shaped palm tree that seems to grow sideways out of the sand. Sea is lovely there.
hi sim funny you should say about the dynamite cos one day we went for a swim there and there were a few dead fish floating around , we have also seen monkeys there quite a lot of them in the trees
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.