Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Bear Shop!
18 Posts
I think I know where you are talking about, but my directions are not very good. But I'll try to help you. (Forgive my spelling of the street names)

Ok, if you go to the end of the Avienda De Mediteraneo (thats the long big main road through Benidorm), bear (forgive the pun) left into Av.de Martinez Alejos. You pass a Pet Shop on your left hand side, (with dogs in cubicles in the windows) walk right up to where there is a road bridge crossing over it (I think the land train turns around at this point?), you will see a set of concrete steps on the left hand side which will take you up to the 'overpass'. I think this road is called C.del Dr. Perez Llorca?

As you reach the top of the stairs, turn left and walk down a few yards and you should see 'The Bear Factory/Shop' on the left-hand side. I've no idea what the shop is called though, I'm sorry. Although it is listed HERE simply as 'The Teddy Bear Shop'.

Under the bit where it says in red: 'Shopping In Benidorm'...in the 'name' box...type in 'Teddy Bear Shop' and some details come up for it.

(PS: Be careful as the roads are very busy here)

Hope that helps :wink:
Thanks.
I'll have a look on a map and hopefully beable to come across it again.
I'm sure we wont have enough room in our case to bring back whatever my niece buys!!! :lol:
Thats ok. It is the only shop in Benidorm that I can think of that sells Toy Bears that you can 'custom' design. And name etc. It is not a very big shop from what I can remember, but you cannot miss it. It is very bright and colourful....or at least it was.
Hi there, the shop is called Bobs Buddies & the street is Emilio Ortuno.
The tel n0 is 965 866 861 & the guy who runs it is called Robert. He is Spanish but speaks English as his mum is from the UK.
If your walking through the old town go up to the photo 25 shop & if your facing it turn right & the shop is about 100 yards on the right just before the bridge.

Regards Paul
That's it Bobs Buddies - similar to friends :? . Thanks Paul. :D
noticeme wrote:
If your walking through the old town go up to the photo 25 shop & if your facing it turn right & the shop is about 100 yards on the right just before the bridge

Hi 'notice'......that would be the same shop I am thinking about. Only you have given directions coming from the other way. But I am certain we are talking about the same shop :roll:
We found Bobs Buddies and they had a half price sale on! What a bonus. :D
Thanks to all for the directions. I'm sure we'll be paying another visit when we're back in April. My niece may need a bigger case!
We found Bobs Buddies and they had a half price sale on! What a bonus.
Thanks to all for the directions. I'm sure we'll be paying another visit when we're back in April. My niece may need a bigger case!

Sounds like you have been really spoiling her :)

Bobs Buddies, waterpark, Benidorm palace, wish I'd have had an Aunty like you :mrgreen:

Enjoy the rest of your hols, sounds like you've had a hectic but enjoyable stay so far.

Sue :)
how much are the teddies
i saw a few shops where you could get a customised jumper
but not seen this one to make a teddy
Pat
When we were there last week the teddies were reduced to 10euros. Think they were all the same price. You pick the one you want then get it stuffed!!!! They even make you a birth certificate.
The clothes varied in price but most were about 3 or 4 euros (after being reduced). We even picked up a passport for 'Beni' (our bear) for 50 cents.
If you like Teddy bears this is definitely a place to visit.
Sounds like you have been really spoiling her

Bobs Buddies, waterpark, Benidorm palace, wish I'd have had an Aunty like you

She does get spoiled quite a bit Sue! :D But she's my excuse to go to these places :lol:
I'll make sure she gets to go back to Bobs Buddies when we go back in April (so I can get a bear or 2!!!!) :hyper
We went to go to Bobs Buddies yesterday to find that there was not a bear in sight and the shop had been completely gutted :(
So has the shop closed down?? I hope not I go every April and love visiting that shop. I think it's lovely how you choose a heart for it and make a wish!

Rachael
x
Yep the shops closed down Rachael :(
The front sign had gone and the shop was totally gutted, not even any windows in it.
Didn't look like it was for a refit.
I'm gutted (excuse the pun). It's gonna be hard to break the news to my friend. She buys one for her daughter every year!!

Does anybody know why it has shutdown?

Rachael
x
hi there, just returned from benidorm and i brought a cute bear home for my nephew. you pick the bear yourself and the jumper/hoodie you want. you can chose either a name or a message . it cost me 12 euros for bear with a jumper and a name. my nephew loves it! think the shop is on a main road with lots of shops surrounding it on calle gerona . hope this helps 8)
Hi Martini, I have seen the bears that you are referring to, they have them in various shops in Beni but I think that the bear shop that has closed down was like the one in Hamleys in London where you chose the bear and clothes and they put a heart in in prior to stitching it up. You could also record a message in a little box that they put in too. My daughter has one and when you squeeze it, it says " Hi I'm Patch, I'm Vicky's best friend" It's so cute as she was only 9 at the time but now she's 13 she cringes when she hears her voice. Sorry for going :offtop

Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.