Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi there,

we fly out this Sunday and have 2 kids (7rs and 3yrs), from reading reviews I'm assuming that rides at the park will have huge queues...about how long (in time!) will we be looking at for the rides?

Apart from the park do you know of anywhere to go in the evening for a good family night out?

What were the best places you visited?

Thankyou :)

Karen.xx
hi
i would definatly not go to the theme park during the day far to hot and queues far to long go in the evening say 7 the sun is going down then andd so is the queues. we never really did much in the evenings went to theme park four nights and some days we did trips which went into the evenings then after that we had a shower and went out for a meal by then we were all tired and went to bed.
we went to the water park in la pineda if you get a kids meal from mcdonalds which is on sea front you will get your kids into water park free
my advice to you would be do what you can at nights as you will enjoy it more as its very hot during the day we even went to the beach at 6 in the evening and it was still very hot wish we had went at about 8 there are plenty family bars with entertainment for nights we also did our shopping in the evenings to whcih was better dont worry you will soon fill your nights you can go pony riding go kartings barcelona and more questions just ask
regards
Thanks for all of the info and tips, we will definately keep our visits to the park at night! Also thanks for letting us know about the free waterpark tickets (will definately be getting the kids some happy meals!)is that the aquapolis waterpark these are for?

thanks

karen.xx
Hi pleased you had a great time, we fly out on Sunday. Can you tell us what time aquapolis opens (we like to get there early and have a go on everything before the crowds flood in) What were the qs like when you were there. Thanks
Hi i am away to salou on the 19th August you said to go to theme park at night what time does it close.
Up until 2nd September the park is open until Midnight, and closes with a fantastic firework show, every night at 11:45.

Daniel
yes free tickets for aquapolis it opens at 10am but again we left it till later on to avoid queues and the hot sun although the sun it hot all the time ha ha by the way the mcdonalds is the coldest place in salou you will love it a great escape because it is very very hot there just now
hiya,
we went to the theme park during the day and were lucky with a lot of the queues but found many had waiting times of 30-45 mins, hope u have a great time
Hi
We went to Port Aventura twice. Don't go on the weekend tho - it's really busy cos all the locals go there on their day off. We were automatically given express tickets but they were pointless as you had to get a stamp for the ride an hour before you want to go on it, then go back in an hour and go straight to the front of the queue. Most of the time the queues were only 15-20 minutes. It may be longer now tho, all the local kids aer off school too.
We went to Port Aventura between 14th - 28th July this year. We found the daytime very busy and the evenings much better. Sunday evening was the quietest.
Going to salou , we have wristbands for the park from other people who stayed in the onsite hotel and we are just wondering can we use them still for fastpass like they did
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.