Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lallygirl wrote:

Doe - it was Buri and Edi with the fan (and hosepipe) as I remember :rofl
Lally

:rofl Thats it ! I knew someone would remember. There is something about this hotel. I know a second visit just wouldn't be the same. I get a little tug when I think about the place. What's that expression ? "it get you just there"

Lyn seems to have sunbed reserving down to a fine art. :tup I could do with her on the tube of a morning to get me the one precious seat that is normally left when I am bording.
However did I miss this :think .

Oh yes the sunbed race . couldnt stop laughing on my first morning . Went down first morning before 7 and was first in the queue :tup . . stood and waited casually chating to a couple of other guests and couldnt believe it come 8oclock. Where everyone came from I dont know , they seemed to be jumping from behind bushes and over walls like the january sales . :rofl I managed 3 beds for the 6 of us in the shade that morning . so much for being first there.

I knew better after that and you didnt just need to be there early around 7am you needed to run and I had to throw my 6 towels at the beds while running .People run from a variety of entrances to the pool side so chances are 2 /3 people will be heading for the same beds :rofl no time to spread them out neatly until you had secured your bed . I could then sit and relax on my bed with my book and cup of coffee.

It did have some good points . Its was very funny and you had the opportunity to sit and chat on the steps with other friendly guests . Now Im off to find that video to remind me of the wonderful holiday we had at the BB. Dont let it put you off Tim you will have a wonderful time there.

lyn
Returned on Monday from the Olu were staying at the BB. On our arrival we had a quick look around the grounds and decided that because the main pool and adult pools had so little space between sun beds and the garden was a like a mud bath that we would rather pay for loungers on the beach. (Much more peaceful than the main hotel).

The area surrounding Olu is very pretty,and we really enjoyed the peace and quiet of the private beaches on the blue lagoon, but Olu Deniz is very touristy, bright and loud.

Sue
This was our 4th visit to Belcekiz Hotel I must admit we watched the race for the sunbeds it was funny as hell. Well done to all the staff again a really great holiday, but i think it will be our last stay Olu Deniz. Alot has changed over the last 6 years what I liked about Olu Deniz is slowly going, the beach is looking a bit rough from our previous visits, but the plus side was the adults pool very chilled out and met some great people.

cheers
richie40
Anyone tell me the dress code for eating at Belcekiz Beach hotel,is it long trousers all time or just at the a la carte restaurants?
Have a look at the hotel information, either in the brochure or online. If dress code isn't mentioned then anything goes - but common sense tells you you don't go to dinner in a bathing costume or bare chested (for men). Length of trousers doesn't matter unless no shorts is stipulated.
in the italian, chinese, and indian restaurant its smart casual as in most places :sun2
We stayed at the Belcekiz in August 08. A few guests dressed up in the evenings, notably the few European guests. Most wore smart casual. You can wear shorts - there didn't appear to be a dress code, and if there was, it wasn't adhered to! I guess it would be difficult to implement a dress code here as the a la carte restaurant (there is only one restaurant serving Thai, Indian or Italian meals which were excellent) is open to the general public.
The restaurant is outside so has quite a laid back feel. They are quite relaxed about shorts etc. Personally I like to dress up for dinner and my Hubbie usually wears long trousers for dinner but it's a mixed bag at this hotel! :wave:
It seemed like smart casual to me the fortnight I stayed there. Quite a few people made an effort of an evening, but you dont need a tie :rofl or anything like that. No Europeans there when I stayed. Mainly Brits and Turkish, could have changed as it was a couple of years ago.

In the Italian/Chinese/Indian bit folk were also smart casual.
Smart causual for us too when we were there. :) My hubby wore the same every evening . combat style shorts and a Tshirt. If you are going July/aug I cant see you would be comfortable in anything more . The sweat was dripping off us every evening . All brits and a few turkish when we were there too.

Usual common sense rules during the day . No swimwear or bare feet in the restuarant. Men will need a tshirt and ladies at least a sarong to cover up your bikini.

Dont believe there were any rules for the snackbar :think
Hi folks , off to olu deniz in september, can anybody tell me if raki, is on all inclusive in the belcekiz beach, as we fell in love with the stuff on our last three trips to turkey, also can you do the mud baths from olu deniz by boat ? or is it a coach trip, thanks guys .
Hi, Raki is definitely included in your AI at the Belcekiz. Sorry can't help with mud bath question though :wave:
Thanks for your speedy reply minione, thats a few bad heads later in the year ha ha , Nigel .
ive just got a quote for this hotel direct for 5 nights in oct and nearly fell of the chair when it came back as £125 a night for 2 adults 1 child, the quote i got for lykia was £68 and i wrongly assumed belcekiz would be cheaper. just gone on thomsons website ,still way too much but slightly less at £102 a night, are there any cheaper sites to try
I dont think you can book it with anybody else Karen . It's one of those "exclusive to thomson/portland" hotels.

And yes from what I remember the price I had from them direct for the accomodation was more or less the same as portland were for the whole package .

Im assuming you have a price for hotel only from thomsons . you could always have a look at hotelopia as they are owned by thomsons.
yes its hotel only, we are staying the first week in lykia, and thought the other 5 nights we could go something slightly cheaper lol. but belcekiz is double. seen bad reviews for food sun city and olu deniz resort too, ill have a look on that other site you said thanks lyn

karen
ellie_meg wrote:
yes its hotel only, we are staying the first week in lykia, and thought the other 5 nights we could go something slightly cheaper lol. but belcekiz is double. seen bad reviews for food sun city and olu deniz resort too, ill have a look on that other site you said thanks lyn

karen

I paid more for the Belceckic than i did for Lykia. May be because it is much smaller so less rooms to flog off, but who knows ?

I would go for the Olu Deniz Resort over Club Sun City from what I have seen of both. When we stayed in the BB our rooms were close to the Sun City and their music was deafening up until midnight, although I appreciate some people like that kind of lively atmosphere, but am not sure if you do.

If you can put up with B&B for a few nights the Karbel seems to come up cheap.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.