Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Have a look on Travelrepublic,alpha rooms, wintersunshine holidays, they may have prices cheaper than the hotels can offer you direct. Weve spoken to a few people who live in Sapin and go to Benidorm for Christmas. They love the atmosphere at Christmas and regularly visit at that time of year.

Queens hotel takes direct bookings.

Where abouts do you live?

Good luck
I'm Staying at the Regente in September, and would reccomend it if you can get it at a good price. I know Sanji booked direct with this Hotel for a decent price for Christmas, so I would give them a call direct, rather than go through Thomsons, to see if they Still have any availability...its popular then of course, so they may be booked up!

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks all

Have tried everything I can think of I phone the hotels direct and they say I have to book online, I try to book online and all the hotels are either saying they are full or they only take booking for the full week. We cannot take the full week of work so are stuck at the moment.
what dates you after ,let me know ,ive found some that include xmas day and not for a week :tup
24th 25th 26th 27th & maybe 28th (depending on price) 2 double or twin rooms for 4 adults please.
thomsons have the regente full board for them 4 days,total cost for 4 people in 2 twin rooms is £562 in total,good deal i think :tup thats only £35per person per night :yikes
Thanks Kevin I have just had an email from Thomson but had not started looking yet, that sounds a bargain and thank you for taking the time to look for me. Anyone stayed at the Regente especialy at Christmas? suppose I have to be realistic it will not be top notch for that price, not too bothered as we can eat out if the food is no good, but would like some info in general if possible.
have stayed at new year,they have a gala night xmas eve and new years eve the food is excellent,and yes it is top notch,you cant go wrong,ive stayed 6 or 7 times and food choice has always been very good,get it booked at that price it wont last long ;)
I agree with Kev, at that price get it booked!!!! I've stayed at the Regente many times but not at Christmas, the Food is very good, and the staff are very friendly. I'm going there myself in September. Sanji went last Christmas and has booked again for this year, and she would'nt have done that if it had'nt been good.

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi Denise

I have made 2 video's of the hotel Regente...look in the video library at the top of the page....there may be other videos that interest you too.

I'm already booked to go back this Christmas, so I might see you there. ;)

Taggy is right, there is no way I would keep returning if it was rubbish, (I don't "do" rubbish at my age) I have the choice to go anywhere in Benidorm, but I like the small friendliness of the Regente and having stayed in several other hotels in Benidorm during Christmas and the New Year, the Regente gala meals are on par with any 3*/4* hotel in the resort, and I've stayed in a 4* hotel too, at this time.

The rooms are basic and clean, in fact the standard of cleanliness will put some other hotels to shame, but I have to be careful what I say in here because some people might interpret my posts as having an hidden agenda or a vested interest in the hotel.....I don't, I'm just another holidaymaker like yourself, but I have disagreed in the past with other posters opinion about the Regente, when I knew different or the reasons behind the issue being discussed and for confidential reasons, I was unable to expand further.

It had a few problems a while back, but that has all gone now and the hotel has undergone a mini "face lift", it's never going to compete with hotels across the road, like the Melia or the Flamingo Oasis because it can't and never will, although it's worth mentioning that the majority of the artists booked to perform in the 4*Flamingo Oasis, also perform in the hotel Regente on a rotation system.

If there is anything detrimental about the hotel, it would be that the walls are thin and this also occurs in other hotels, eg: the hotel Orange, but, it depends who you get next to you, there are not too many pensioner "ravers" coming in at 2 am. :rofl

It's a very popular hotel at this time of the year (xmas) and the majority of the guests are "senior citizens" who have remained faithful to the hotel for many many years......it isn't "luxury" in comparison to other hotels, but that doesn't bother me because when we are in Benidorm we hardly spend any time in the room, and I've always said that you can't eat fancy chairs and designer curtains, even if they are pleasing to the eye and enhance the atmosphere, and I personally would rather have some good food than a glorified decor hotel...it's nice if you get both, but you won't be paying the same price.

Hotels charge around 60 euros (and above) per person for their gala meals, if booking from outside or not on that board basis, and you should take the cost into consideration.

Do you know what's the most amusing thing about all this....I wouldn't have set foot in the Regente, if it were not for investigating the hotel for other members of this forum a few years back .....In the past, the star rating made me disregard this hotel, I was far too snobby to "lower" my standards/expectations.

What a mis-guided fool I was...at the time ;)
Ummm, I can just see "Antonio" lacing the Christmas pudding with brandy sauce again. :rofl

Edit: Grammatical correction

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • Edited by Sanji 2008-05-31 17:44:04
Hi Sanji

Thanks for the reply. Where is the video link? Sorry cannot see it (blonde moment)
Sorry, I'm having a senior moment here, it's at the top of the main Costa Blanca forum page.
The hotel Regente is 8th or 9th from the bottom of the list of videos....oh and there's one filmed on New Years eve (last year) in there somewhere.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=85

Sanjiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.